Posted December 16, 2012
The best elementary school in DSM. 15:1 ratio. Excellent teachers. Terrific principal. Very tailored to the individual student. So lucky to have this school in DSM.

Posted April 17, 2011
We love Bergman Academy! The small class size, positive learning environments, and challenging curriculum are perfect for our daughter who's in first grade. She's always challenged and looks forward to school every week. We would highly recommend Bergman to any partent looking to give their child an edge.

Posted April 15, 2011
Very involved parents, small class size, well-grounded children, amazing setting, can't say enough. My kids love their school, I hope to keep them there through 8th grade.

Posted April 14, 2011
Bergman Academy is the perfect school for our family. It is small and friendly. Each kid is pushed at their own level. My kids are proud of their school.

Posted April 14, 2011
The small class is great and allows the teachers to really get to know each child and help them reach their full potential.

Posted April 13, 2011
My daughter has been at Bergman Academy for two years now and I cannot say enough GREAT things about the teachers, students and familes. The academics that she is exposed to has been hands down the best experience that we have ever encountered. The 15:1 student / teacher ratio allows my child to receive individualized instruction when needed, and work at a more aggressive pace than other schools. The teachers encourage students to thrive and report on thier progress regularly. The principal, Mrs. Ricker is hands-on, and takes a vested interest in every student and family, preschool - 8th grade. I would recommend this school to anyone looking for a unique educational experience!

Posted April 13, 2011
Bergman Academy offers my two sons the ability to learn in their two (different) styles. I am consistently impressed by the quality of education offered. The teachers encourage students to learn more than the minimums. I feel that my children are prepared and confident for the next steps in their educational development. Bergman Academy has created an environment in which my kids are happy to go to school and welcome challenges.

Posted April 06, 2011
My daughter has attended preschool at Bergman Academy and is now in kindergarten. She has only 11 kids in her class and her teacher is amazing. They have the opportunity to learn above and beyond what most are doing at that age given the student to teacher ratio which the school prioritizes. My daughter also takes spanish during the day and in an after school program that is offered. I think the school really places an emphasis on educational success and strives to find that for each and every student regardless of their level of learning.

Posted April 06, 2011
The 15:1 student to teacher ratio was an opportunity we couldn't pass up. We always assumed our kids would go to the terrific public school in our neighborhood. A friend encouraged us to check out Bergman Academy, though, and as much as we love supporting public schools, we couldn't pass up this opportunity . The teachers have individualized our son's learning, challenged and inspired him. He is soaring. The student culture is warm and accepting. We LOVE his teachers. The principal is a firecracker bursting with enthusiasm, creativity and wisdom. We really could not be more pleased with Bergman Academy. If I sound like an advocate, I am. The Bergman Academy is an under-exposed gem in Des Moines and I would love for others to know about this remarkable institution.

Posted April 27, 2010
This school recently moved into the old science center building in Greenwood Park. Beautiful landscape, pond, ampitheater all within walking to the school. The teachers are hard working and dedicated to student success. My daughter attends The Bergman Academy and loves every minute of school. We are so fortunate to be a part of a great academic community.

Bergman Academy