Posted November 04, 2013
Had great experiences with our son's teachers in grades K-3. They were wonderful and the Principal was equally as great!

Posted April 20, 2012
I love that this school is a year-round school. My son is in Headstart and he has made great achievement in this class.

Posted May 26, 2009
Love the principal, the teachers are really dedicated to the kids and parental involvement is accepted and encouraged. LOVE this school!

Posted November 21, 2008
The new principal is very friendly and involved and the teachers work very well with the children

Posted October 06, 2008

River Woods Elementary School 4

Posted September 07, 2007
I have enjoyed the short time at River Woods so far. The teachers and staff have been helpful and my sone enjoys his classes.

Posted January 30, 2007
RiverWoods has been a great school. The teachers there have really made a difference. We have been at RiverWoods for three years now and I have three favorite teachers there, that stand out being the best among the 10 different teachers we have had for our children. I don't like that the kids get to go outside in the winter to play only on the blacktop. What happened to being able to play in the snow? The teachers and staff at RiverWoods are great. I have found that the teachers make the difference in seeing that each child is improving and learning. I like the year-round calendar that they have as well. It helps the kids not get so bored and retain their learning. I highly recommend RiverWoods to anyone.

Posted September 30, 2006
After moving to 2 different school districts, I moved back to River Woods area. The quality of academic programs is great. My son's favorite day is Music and Library day. My only complaint is that there are not many extracurricular activities through the school such as sports - although there are many opportunities to join outside organizations.

Posted April 21, 2004
My daughter is a current student, in kindergarten, at River Woods. She has the best time at school and I really enjoy being able to talk to any of the staff about concerns that I may have. Her education is top notch and I certainly can not say that about other schools.

River Woods Elementary School
2929 SE 22nd St, Des Moines, IA  50320
Last modified River Woods Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
River Woods Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top