Bad
Good

Posted September 17, 2014
Great teachers and administration! We have been very impressed with the quality of all aspects of Samuelson.

Posted June 05, 2014
Samuelson has so many opportunities for my children. This year there was a wonderful after school program that my children loved! The diversity of the school is inspiring and I love that my children are around peers of all other cultural backgrounds.

Posted May 22, 2014
My child attends Samuelson Elementary and I could not disagree more with the comments below. I am always greeted by first name when I walk through the door and feel very welcomed. I think the diversity of the school is crucial for my children. I want them to be in an environment similar to real life. Staff communicates through various routes. They even have a messenger service that calls my phone about important things. I feel very comfortable dropping my children off every morning.

Posted May 22, 2014
This is a great school with a kind and caring staff. They seem to really care about the kids.

Samuelson Elementary School 1

Posted March 18, 2014
This school needs to be completely restructured! Children are falling through the cracks! We removed our child from this school and are purchasing a home outside of this school district so we never have to deal with them again! I know other families who have moved due to issues with this school. I do somewhat agree with what the other poster is saying about they are more worried about teaching other children English then anything else. The school could improve by taking bullying and other complaints seriously and not "sweeping it under the rug". Better supervision during outdoor play time, communication with the parent after head injury, all communication exc.

Samuelson Elementary School 1

Posted January 14, 2014
this school is more focused on teaching children english then helping the thriving students. There is poor communication from the school to parents and the teachers are clearly overwhelmed with too many students.

Samuelson Elementary School
3929 Belaire Rd, Des Moines, IA  50310
Last modified Samuelson Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.