Des Moines, IA

Brody Middle School 1

Posted February 11, 2015
Brody has a bullying issue. Simply hanging posters on the walls with an anti-bullying message doesn t constitute a plan for dealing with actual bullying when it happens. My kids have both been threatened by other students. Brody has no plan in place for dealing with this problem, and uses the timeframe when the issue is brought to their attention as an excuse to not take responsibility for the fact that it happened. Attendance has been an issue as well, in which Brody is partly responsible for. I was told they code absences "in the best interest of the student," which in turn has caused a problem with my kids attendance because Brody does not follow the DMPS rules set forth on attendance policy EXCEPT to quote Iowa Code in a Truancy letter when it suites there purpose. I voiced my concerns to the Principal regarding my situation early on in the year, but they continued coding "in the best interest of my child." and now are complaining about the absences. I believe in being proactive, Brody clearly does not.

Brody Middle School 5

Posted August 02, 2013
This school is the BEST! If your kid gets beat up, that's their problem. Not anyone else.

Brody Middle School 4

Posted October 10, 2011
I go their and it is awesome. nothing is better than Brody. I'm learning to type and with new rules no worry about bullies.

Brody Middle School 1

Posted November 22, 2010
this school sucks! i dont like my kid going here they get beat up and noone helps them!

Brody Middle School
2501 Park Ave, Des Moines, IA  50321
Last modified Brody Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Brody Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top