Posted April 02, 2014
Capitol View Elementary is one of the best schools in the Des Moines Area. This school is exceptionally funded by the Blind and Deaf Organization. They run a continuos calendar year for classes, and offer an emerced langue program.

Capitol View Elementary School 1

Posted April 12, 2010

Posted May 25, 2005
- a former student
I am a Former student when it use to be Brooks and Lucas even before they became one. And now I am a parent of a child who goes to Captiol View. The teachers have helped me and my daugther out a lot. I am a single mother in college and they help when it comes to issues at home. My daugther has learned so much. She is in preschool now and is awaiting Kintergarten. I have always loved the fact that the children have the chance to be around children not like them. Different races, languages, and disabilities. While I was in this school I learn sign langauge. Now my daugther has that chance as well as spanish. For the days ahead this will be a huge advantage. Great Job Everyone! It is great to see some of my old teachers.

Posted January 05, 2005
I love that Capital view has extended there school year, although they did not add days they spreaded out vacation time. Therefore my children can know stay focused on thier school work, My son started preschool not being able to express himself which was very stressful for everyone, now that he has been in speech therapy at the school he can actually explain his needs. I am so happy that my children attend school at Capitalview. I also think that it is wonderful that the children can have acess to the library after school. The school also offers a program for my two younger at home children, Parents as Teachers, a teacher from school comes to our house once a month to read and do other various activities with the children. The younger children can also go to the school on certain days to do activities there along with other children. Thanks.

Capitol View Elementary School
320 East 16th, Des Moines, IA  50316
Last modified Capitol View Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Capitol View Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 4 reviews. Top