Posted April 18, 2014
My daughter switched to Cattell 2yrs ago from Willard and I couldn't be happier.. The teachers and administration at this school are amazing and do everything in their power to help their kids succeed!

Posted January 09, 2014
Cattell is a great school with really caring teachers.. wonderful experience for my grandson THANKS

Cattell Elementary School 0

Posted October 05, 2009
There teachers and are very friendly and helpful to my daughter who goes there.They help me by letting me know how she is doing and what she needs to work on.

Cattell Elementary School 3

Posted September 30, 2008

Cattell Elementary School 2

Posted June 02, 2007
Cattell does not have programs in place to help their gifted students. When I pushed the topic, I was told that there wasn't enough funding or staff for the gifted students. No Child Left Behind has hurt this school. Teachers at Cattell push for uniformity. There are no extracurricular activities. Parent involvement is weak, at best. I won't take my children back to Cattell. Mr. Shott is no longer there. No parking available. My kids and I didn't care for the school's Tools for Success program.

Posted September 18, 2006

Cattell Elementary School 4

Posted June 21, 2004
My wife went there. Currently my sons will be beginning Kindergarten and 2nd grade. Quality of education is excellent. My oldest in 1st grade at the time was doing 2nd grade Math/Reading. We talked of options to put him in with 3rd graders for those areas he excelled at, then to return with his classmates for the remaining classes. Nice facility with exception of accessability and parking avaliblity. I Was bothered once when my kindergartner was outside alone awaiting my arrival and crying. If they cared as much about there well being as much as their education it would be a 5 star school. They do incourage good conduct skills in school that is a plus. Considering the crunch the state has put on our schools Cattell is a school perfect for any child. There is racial diversity here and all income brackets. Seems kids get along well and are happy.

Posted October 06, 2003
My daughter is a first grader at Cattell. I have had nothing but good experiences with her teachers. Mr. B was her kindergarten teacher and Mrs. Weaver is her 1st grade teacher and they genuinely care and take time to work with me to help my child do better in school. Mr. Schott really cares about the well being of the kids. I would highly recommend this school!

Cattell Elementary School
3101 East 12th St, Des Moines, IA  50316
Last modified Cattell Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Cattell Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top