Posted November 28, 2014
3 of my 4 children have attended this school. I have always been pleased with how well they have performed in this environment. The student - teacher ratio, and curriculum is fantastic. You can tell the teachers care and are realize how well students perform is a clear reflection of their ability to teach.

Goodrell Middle School 1

Posted October 07, 2011
Mmm. Being a former student of this school, I can safely say ... DO NOT send your children here. The children are nasty and bully a LOT, and the teachers do little about it. The place knew about my depression because of it, but still refused to do anything. Got several Fs for missing school when they knew I was doing it from home and they should be sending asssignments over.

Posted December 04, 2008

Posted January 18, 2008
This school has really helped my student improve in life. Mr. Brown is the best teacher there. He has seemed to help my student so much and my son never wants to leave.

Posted October 25, 2007
Goodrell is an excellent school. They have a great staff, and they help you if you need it.

Posted October 04, 2006
The teachers are great. I have a student with special needs and completely disagree with the previous poster. My student is in 8th grade and I have had many conversations with his case manager and resource teacher. Mr. Brown and the rest of the 8th grade staff have been great to work with. I have to admit it is better this year than previous ones but overall I would highly recommend this school as long as you plan on taking an active roll in your childs education and want high exectations for your kid.

Posted July 06, 2006

Goodrell Middle School 1

Posted June 15, 2006
If you child needs extra attention(ADHD) pick another school. They had to be reminded of the 504 plan numerous times and it was still not fully followed. Overall after having a child in for two years I'm extremely disappointed that the school failed to live up to what we were sold and no one really seems to take our concerns seriously. How can you dock a child for 'misses lessons' when you were supposed to remind the ADHD child to come to the lessons. The nurse was the only one who got it because she had a child with similar needs.

Posted September 09, 2003
Since this is a traditional school the kids that go here want to go here. The teachers don't let anyone slip through their fingers. They are here to teach the basics and this gives these young people a great start towards life.

Goodrell Middle School
3300 East 29th St, Des Moines, IA  50317
Last modified Goodrell Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Goodrell Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top