Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

I've had at least one kid at Hillis for more than a decade now. Wonderful teachers, principals, and staff! Each of my children has been very happy and has received a wonderful education there.

I disagree completely with the negative comments regarding Mrs. Gelfond. My child is in first grade and has not always enjoyed school. From day one Mrs. Gelfond has been attentive to this and extremely helpful. My son now loves going to school. The changes she has made have been remarkable. She has always been easy to communicate with and easily accessible. She clearly cares for the children, is always present in the school and very approachable!

Mrs. Gelfond is the coldest principal I've ever met. We've been at school twice walking down the hall next to her, and she didn't have the decency to introduce herself. Kids aren't allowed to speak in the hallways and the teachers she brought in are horrible. No school traditions have continued. We're looking to open enroll our student out of the school next year.

Well Hillis use to be a good school until the new principal/ Hitler took over this year. Now my kids hate it there. Amazing how much a principal can ruin a school in such a short time. If you want your kids feeling like they are part of the communist party then by all means send them there. I will be looking for a new school.

My son has attended this school since Kindergarten. All of his teachers have been wonderful! The Principle is always in the hallways and knows what is going on in this school.

My son attended Preschool at this school. I thought that the program was ok but a few things disapointed me. Good: I liked my kids teacher/TA both were friendly and seemed interested in meeting our families needs. There was a variety of daily activities that kept my son interested and I felt like he learned some things. There were some school events that seemed to have good support Not so good: Preschool entrance is a security risk and should be better secured to limit access to non-preschool visitors. Preschool students pulled hair and spit on my son with little repercussions Principal was available by phone but seemed to have limited involvement with preschool (I'm not sure how much a principal should be involved but my guess is more) Conclusion: I would have preferred other options but this was the nearest preschool that offered a program that worked with our schedule/needs. If you are forced to send your child here for preschool keep an eye on discipline and establish a relationship with the staff.

I went to Hillis as a child and when I purchased a house I chose one in the same neighborhood. They had a complete remodel in the last few years and it looks wonderful. I currently volunteer there and I am in the school frequently. I have nothing but respect and gratitude for the great job they do with their students. The principal is engaged and responsive and the teachers go above and beyond.

I have volunteered there as a retired elementary teacher. the level of caringis amazing and the noise level is almost non-existent...very serene. firm but loving discipline happens there!

This school has just integrated half the students that went to Moore, which was wrongly closed after the 2006-07 year. It is a wonderful school and has very good teachers and the kids are great~!

Last modified Hillis Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.