Bad
Good

This is the BEST school in Des Moines, hand down! I put my middle child's name on the list before she was born. It took 1 week before kindergarten started for her before she got in. They say the Pledge of Allegiance everyday and most importantly they teach the students to be respectful of ALL others. And these children live by this rule. My first born was enrolled in the Des Moines Public School District and I believe that had she and all her peers had this instilled into their minds like these children do, that maybe the "No Bullying" rule wouldn't be as much if an issue as it is. I do really wish that they (Jefferson) had middle school and high school that my kids could just continue on into.!!

My daughter is in Kindergarten this year and loves her school! I do mini quizzes at home to see if she is learning what she should be at school and she is doing better than I expected. I love it that the school staffs are SUPER friendly, flexible, encouraging, and believe in the quality of education for their students. It is a plus that I can bring my behave 3 yrs old with me when I volunteer in the classroom!

The best school on the southside!! Great teachers that want to help the children be better at every thing they do.

I tell all my friends this is like getting private school education for public school prices. My children love the school and so do I.

Superior education with small classes and lots of 1 on 1 time with teachers. You would think this was a private school! If you want your child to attend Jefferson, be sure to enroll before the child is 1 if you want to get in.

Variety of extracurricular programs, but could change since PTA run. High parent involvement. Large class sizes.

Last modified Jefferson Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.