Des Moines, IA
Students enrolled: 2,218

Lincoln High School 1

Posted August 13, 2014
Children can easily not go to school and jip classes and there will be no call to parents. Students are allowed to graduate with all F's. My sister graduated in 2010 with all F's. She never went to gym class and skipped school all the time and her mother never knew as there were no calls from the administration. She can read and write but only at a 7th grade level. Her brother, who can only read at a 5th grade level was pulled out and put into SEP so he could get the help he needs. My step-sister is about to graduate with F's as she is more worried about utilizing Lincoln's daycare (which only serves to encourage teens to get pregnant young.) There are lots of fights at this school and the school police are called constantly.

Lincoln High School 2

Posted August 23, 2013
My granddaughter just started at Lincoln. I have heard wonderful comments about Lincoln. I hope they are all true. Time will tell.

Posted May 06, 2013
All six of my children went to school there. Three daughters went on to higher education and graduating from UNI, Iowa and Drake. My son who will graduated this year will go on to Drake. The education and staff at Lincoln are excellent. When I read the reviews about kids not being able to read or graduate; uh maybe it's the parenting!

Posted October 18, 2007
This is one of the best high schools in Des Moines. But I am concerned about the lack of diversity there.

Lincoln High School 5

Posted October 18, 2007
This school is wonderful. I used to live on the East Side but because I wanted my child to have a good education we moved to the South Side. Lincoln high school has some of the best staff out there. I would not want my child to go any where else.

Lincoln High School 3

Posted April 18, 2007
this school is wonderful but due to all of the construction its hectic. The biggest concern I have is the doors the only doors accessible by students is the front entrance and the back parking lot door, the rest of the doors have been replaced and have no door handles. Yet the staff has keys to open all the doors. The noise is so annoying it interrupts our learning and some times you cant even hear the teachers talk.

Lincoln High School 2

Posted April 24, 2005
The quality of education at Lincoln is painfully obvious upon reading Liz's review. I graduated in 2003 and would estimate that at least 75% of the graduating class could barely read.

Posted January 11, 2005
LHS sure has had it's share of mishaps and misfortunes in recent years. I feel the staff and the adminstrators have done a fine job in keeping the students first and foremost. Understanding that these young adults are facing so much so early. LHS staff and Mr. Graziano need to be commended for their strong efforts, in moving forward with keeping the students their number one priority. Well wishes to a large, but caring school!

Lincoln High School 5

Posted September 17, 2004
I graduated from Lincoln in May 2004, and I have to say that I couldn't be more satisfied with my high school education. The teachers were always willing to make our success the top priority. Who cares if there is no air-conditioning? Air-conditioning doesn't make a school great. It's the opportunities to succeed (which, I will admit, most students don't take advantage of) that make it great. When I arrived here at college, I felt very well-prepared, and I owe it to Lincoln High School.

Posted September 12, 2004
Lincoln his to crowded for its size of the building. there is no a/c. I hate going to school there b/c its to crowded. We have to work out of old books. We hardly every get homework b/c the school cant afford enought books for everybody.

Lincoln High School
2600 SW 9th St, Des Moines, IA  50315
Last modified Lincoln High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lincoln High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top