Monroe Elementary School 0

Posted April 27, 2010
My children at Monroe Elementary. I have had a positive relationship with alot of the staff. The faculty really care about the education of my children.

Monroe Elementary School 4

Posted March 02, 2009
I have two children in Monroe Elementary right now. I love the diversity, as do they. I appreciate that the teachers work hard, and all of the staff makes an effort to know my kids. There is a true commitment to quality there in so many ways. Great diversity there--for those who care about that. It's hard to find schools in Iowa more diverse--so many cultures in one building. It's hard to imagine how they juggle it all. My kids LOVE Monroe. My son is learning to play the cello in their orchestra--unavailable at most suburbian schools. DSM schools have more edge but a lovely commitment to other cultures and they care about kids and the arts!

Monroe Elementary School 3

Posted July 31, 2008
I have to admit that i was not impressed with my son's 1st grade year. I was even considering removing him from the school. I had issues with teachers yelling and kids that were not being supervised well at all on the playground. Also the fact that my son had two teachers added confusion to the school year. And being at work full time for the website not to be updated for the year was also frustrating.

Posted February 11, 2006
Monroe is a good school. the staff is very helpful and teachers don't mind going that extra mile to help keep you informed of small problems before they become large ones.And i love their motto, i ask my child daily to repeat it so she knows what's expected of her daily,in her manners and work as a student and person. keep up the good work Monroe.

Posted July 21, 2005
Monroe is top notch. The teachers know each and every student by name, and truly care about them. Wilma Gajdel, the principal, is phenomenal, and a caring and attentive administrator. Parent involvement is high as well, and for all these reasons I give Monroe all A's.

Posted April 18, 2005
Monroe is an all around great school! The staff are great and the administration is very supportive of both parents and staff. They are part of a program called Positive Behavior Support, they have a team that comes up with ideas to help keep the school environment as positive as possible. There is a great mix of kids and my daughter just loves going there!

Monroe Elementary School
2250 30th St, Des Moines, IA  50310
Last modified Monroe Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Monroe Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top