Bad
Good

My children at Monroe Elementary. I have had a positive relationship with alot of the staff. The faculty really care about the education of my children.

I have two children in Monroe Elementary right now. I love the diversity, as do they. I appreciate that the teachers work hard, and all of the staff makes an effort to know my kids. There is a true commitment to quality there in so many ways. Great diversity there--for those who care about that. It's hard to find schools in Iowa more diverse--so many cultures in one building. It's hard to imagine how they juggle it all. My kids LOVE Monroe. My son is learning to play the cello in their orchestra--unavailable at most suburbian schools. DSM schools have more edge but a lovely commitment to other cultures and they care about kids and the arts!

I have to admit that i was not impressed with my son's 1st grade year. I was even considering removing him from the school. I had issues with teachers yelling and kids that were not being supervised well at all on the playground. Also the fact that my son had two teachers added confusion to the school year. And being at work full time for the website not to be updated for the year was also frustrating.

Last modified Monroe Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.