Bad
Good

I currently have two kids at Pleasant Hill Elementary but I am a foster parent and have had a total of 3 kids attending in the past 3 years. This school made such a huge impact for these kids, including my biological child. The foster kids I have moved to Pleasant Hill Elementary were struggling with behavior and academics at their previous schools but once they moved to Pleasant Hill Elementary they received the help they needed which gave them confidence and relieved frustration that caused the behaviors. They aren't perfect by any means, they are kids and still have trauma from the situation they are in but the environment at this school has given them a bright spot in their day they didn't have before. The teachers at Pleasant Hill are amazing! They go above and beyond and they don't expect all kids in class to be on the same level. The reading progress each child has made since starting at P. Hill is incredible. All of the staff is very engaged. The principal knows every student and every family in school, she's had a LOT of experience with ADHD and is a great resource. We had never experienced ADHD before our first foster child but she has been an amazing advocator for our kids, helping us even before our foster kids were moved to her school. Our current foster was already on ADHD medication when he came to us but his Bio parents wanted him taken off. The Pleasant Hill principal helped us get classroom behavior documented to take to his doctor so the doctor was able to make an educated decision whether medication was needed. Before our foster was even a student at her school! She is so focused on kids and what they need and she's creates an environment at her school of putting the focus on the kids...on what each individual child needs.

Both my son and daughter go to this school, i have had no problems with my daughter but as soon as my son advanced to Kindergarten, i received a call on his 5th day from "the principal" saying that he moved around too much this and that! Further more suggesting that he has ADHD!! The last time i checked no one at this school is a doctor! I feel that since day one of his kindergarten year they have had it out for him. Because he doesn't fit into the perfect mold of children they expect to attend their school! Even going as far as suggesting medication when he has never been diagnosed with anything! The Preschool teachers were excellent, but the further up you go, the more incompetent they become! I would give zero stars if i could!

Wish there was a way to give zero stars. Most staff is absolutely rude. Advice: Get better staff, starting with the principal. We will refuse to let our child go here next year. Relatives are also removing their children.

My child has been going to this school for a few years now and it's everything I want for my child. The principal and teachers are very caring and want the best education for our kids. They work very hard for our kids and it does show. My child looks forward to school each day and has plenty of "lessons learned" to share each night. As with any school, parents should become more active in the PTO or just getting to know their child's teacher better. These are some of the best teachers out there. If you're thinking of moving to this area or school, you'll be happy you did.

I agree, teachers are very rude and when you need to confront a teacher about something they will hang up the phone on you. Very rude.

This school will not deal with special needs children at all. Our son was diagnosed with asperger's. We explained this to the school and offered to work with them for solutions. They treated him as an outcast from day one, and refused to work with us. The teacher called him a "bad kid" in front of the class and encouraged the other kids to ostracized him, and the principal just backed her up. Needless to say, we are now at a new school where they are willing to work with him and us, and he has made great progress. This school is great for children who "fit the mold" but they refuse to work with any child that doesn't. This isn't a nurturing environment that cares about each child. They just want easy kids.

This school is happy to have children whom are on or above grade level and have no need for academic assistance. Should your child ever require assistance with improving in any area, on any level, prepare for no cooperation. My daughter was a student and had small opportunities for improvment and I was asked if I would consider putting her in another school. This school only wants passing test scores so they may continue to receive funding. The staff in general does not care about the students as individuals.

We moved to Pleasant Hill for the small school atmosphere but still in the convience of the the city. LOVE this school, the involvement, the teachers, the principal. Best move for our kids

Its my oldest son's first year at school and Im so happy with everyone and everything about Pleasant hIll Elem. Everyone is so involved and seems to care. Encourages parents to have a BIG part in their school life. I LOVE IT.

I posted the message on April 8th, saying my son would be switching to the SEP district. I was not excited about the switch & we have come to the conclusion that we would like to keep him at Pleasant Hill. I also heard something about a building for 6th graders, I guess for kids not in the SEP district to go to then they can go on to SEP Juinor high. I will have to look in to that more. I am proud to say my son will continue to be a Panther!

Last modified Pleasant Hill Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.