Posted April 30, 2013
My child has been going to this school for a few years now and it's everything I want for my child. The principal and teachers are very caring and want the best education for our kids. They work very hard for our kids and it does show. My child looks forward to school each day and has plenty of "lessons learned" to share each night. As with any school, parents should become more active in the PTO or just getting to know their child's teacher better. These are some of the best teachers out there. If you're thinking of moving to this area or school, you'll be happy you did.

Pleasant Hill Elementary School 3

Posted April 25, 2013
Some teachers are very rude. No walls for the students to concentrate. Teachers definitely have favorites which is very inappropriate. Myself and other family members have had to call multiple times about bullying and the staff doesn't do anything. And it's actually the teachers who are bullying the students. We will not put our youngest in this school for sure from our other experiences.

Posted April 25, 2013
I agree, teachers are very rude and when you need to confront a teacher about something they will hang up the phone on you. Very rude.

Posted February 24, 2013
This school will not deal with special needs children at all. Our son was diagnosed with asperger's. We explained this to the school and offered to work with them for solutions. They treated him as an outcast from day one, and refused to work with us. The teacher called him a "bad kid" in front of the class and encouraged the other kids to ostracized him, and the principal just backed her up. Needless to say, we are now at a new school where they are willing to work with him and us, and he has made great progress. This school is great for children who "fit the mold" but they refuse to work with any child that doesn't. This isn't a nurturing environment that cares about each child. They just want easy kids.

Posted March 21, 2012
This school is happy to have children whom are on or above grade level and have no need for academic assistance. Should your child ever require assistance with improving in any area, on any level, prepare for no cooperation. My daughter was a student and had small opportunities for improvment and I was asked if I would consider putting her in another school. This school only wants passing test scores so they may continue to receive funding. The staff in general does not care about the students as individuals.

Posted December 12, 2011
We moved to Pleasant Hill for the small school atmosphere but still in the convience of the the city. LOVE this school, the involvement, the teachers, the principal. Best move for our kids

Posted January 11, 2011
Its my oldest son's first year at school and Im so happy with everyone and everything about Pleasant hIll Elem. Everyone is so involved and seems to care. Encourages parents to have a BIG part in their school life. I LOVE IT.

Posted June 02, 2009
I posted the message on April 8th, saying my son would be switching to the SEP district. I was not excited about the switch & we have come to the conclusion that we would like to keep him at Pleasant Hill. I also heard something about a building for 6th graders, I guess for kids not in the SEP district to go to then they can go on to SEP Juinor high. I will have to look in to that more. I am proud to say my son will continue to be a Panther!

Posted June 02, 2009
I would also love to stay at pleasant hill as it has been such a positive experience, but I have been accepted in the new district and feel I must switch due to test score results on the junior high and high school level....they are just so much higher at SEP and I feel that I need to give my child the best opportunity possible to learn. Please give any input....thanks

Pleasant Hill Elementary School 0

Posted November 07, 2008
I am a teacher at P.Hill Elementary School. I am very proud to work in a community that works so well with the school to enhance their children's education.

Pleasant Hill Elementary School
4801 East Oakwood Dr, Des Moines, IA  50327
Last modified Pleasant Hill Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Pleasant Hill Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top