Bad
Good

Willard Elementary School 5

Posted September 23, 2013
I think Willard Elementary school in Des MOines Ia works very diligently with limited financial resources. The students are all from low income homes and many are immigrants. They have a special resource person to be sure they succeed and a dedicated faculty and staff. I think Willard could improve with more technology. The students need IPads to keep up with modern methods of learning.

Willard Elementary School 1

Posted September 23, 2010
There is no monthly school letter to let you know there is no school and the staff do not communicate with working parents. I had a staff member at Willard tell me there only there so parents can have cheap daycare (I am not impressed!). There is no staff available until 10 minutes before school begins. Willard does not have the right bus schedules, nor do they communicate with the bus garage in DM. I can tell why it is a free school, my son was in special education becuase he was behind in the class in a small town, we move here and he goes to Willard and now he is one of the smartest kids in the class, um HELLO. Ya, that would make me happy if I seen any improvement. My children will not be going back next year! (4 Stars (welfare)) good parents have JOBS!

Willard Elementary School 4

Posted September 14, 2010
Willard has an excellent staff. They are dedicated, and know their students. Parent involvement would help individual students to be more successful. However, students with involved parents Flourish here.

Willard Elementary School

Posted August 22, 2003
I think we need more parent involvement during school and school activies. We know our children better than anyone else and we can help the teachers know more about what our children need. Over all, I enjoy my children going to Willard Elementary School. I like the teachers and Principal, plus the teachers will do anything to help our children succeed through school and life.

Willard Elementary School
2941 Dean Ave, Des Moines, IA  50317
Last modified Willard Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.