Windsor Elementary School 4

Posted March 11, 2011
We overall have good things to say about the school. We started looking for Elementary Schools when our child was 2. For the most part I would say the teachers and staff are great. We had heard this school is dedicated to the academic health of it's students; and other than a few particulars we would say...4.5! We had looked at several schools, we chose to open enroll here...happy that we did. Our child gets a look at the whole world here, and has friend from almost continent. The staff deals with diversity issus in a way that seeks to unite the children.

Posted March 02, 2011
Windsor is an exemplary school and is the best in Des Moines Public Schools. Staff go above and beyond to help students and get them involved in clubs and activities. My children have thrived at Windsor and I couldn't be more pleased!

Posted November 29, 2010
We have had four children attend Windsor. Two currently attend. Mr. Jones, the principal is great. Ms. Mireles, the counselor is fantastic. The teachers, on the whole, have been wonderful. We could not be happier.

Windsor Elementary School 2

Posted May 10, 2010
We are nearing the end of our oldest son's Kindergarten year at Windsor. From the beginning we felt that the teachers were overloaded. The classroom seemed to be cluttered with extra supplies and boxes of stuff piled high on top of book shelves and everywhere - it just looked messy from day 1. One day our son was ill and we forgot to call the school. Later in the evening I realized that I hadn't called the school - and that no one had called me. For a parent with a Kindergartner - I was terrified. What would happen if I dropped him off from school and someone decided to just take him from the entry way or hall? I decided to repeat the same situation a few weeks later, to see if the response was the same. Again, no call from the school. No mention of anything the next day

Posted November 21, 2007

Posted January 17, 2007
My daughter is in her 4th year at Windsor. We love it! I am active in the very supportive & active PTA. Principal knows all the kids' names (very impressive) and he REALLY cares! Building is currently being remodeled. Students will return the 2007/08 school year.

Posted August 03, 2006
my daughter is starting her 4th year with Windsor this fall. we have always been very pleased with the teachers and staff. the pta is very involved in the school. the principal knows all the kids' names and greets them everyday!

Windsor Elementary School 0

Posted April 19, 2005
We have had all three of our children attend Windsor over the years and have always been very pleased with all aspects of the teachers, staff, and overall learning environment.

Windsor Elementary School
5912 University Ave, Des Moines, IA  50311
Last modified Windsor Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Windsor Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top