Desoto, IA

Desoto Intermediate School 0

Posted March 27, 2008
I have heard wonderful tings about this school. I give it 5 stars. It has wonderful extra curricular activities. The teachers are very dedicated and treat each student as a individual not a number. Keep up the great work.

Desoto Intermediate School 5

Posted February 24, 2007
This school is wonderful! All the teachers are great to me! The teachers are very understanding and loving to my us!I'm extremely impressed!

Desoto Intermediate School 4

Posted February 28, 2005
I've had 2 kids in this school. The principle cares about our kids. She will do whatever it takes to get our children the resources needed. The teachers are great (well except for one and I don't think they allow you to name names here) I did contact the school making sure my 2nd child did NOT have her. They accomodated. With the poor funding they have available to them they somehow make it work! I believe you would be hard pressed to find a better school system in Iowa! (Now if only I felt this strongly about the middle school.. Life would be good) The teachers here are some of the best in the district!

Desoto Intermediate School 2

Posted February 19, 2005
We had high expectations of this district when we moved here, but have been disappointed, unfortunately. Academically, the curriculum is now being forced down the students' throats in efforts to conform to the 'no child left behind' dictates. The children are expected to do more paperwork/worksheets than is reasonable, and nearly all extra-curriculars are being cut out of some grades, including field trips. There is no secondary language available and they must share the gifted and talented teacher with two other schools. Boys and girls are bused separately. The disciplinary system is strict, which is good, but sometimes goes overboard. It feels to parents and students that the school has 'control' issues. Parents are encouraged, but never really feel welcomed, as our suggestions meet with brick walls. There is no PTA. Many teachers are excellent, but very much disallowed freedom to teach how and what they wish with more latitude.

Desoto Intermediate School
317 Spruce St, Desoto, IA  50069
Last modified Desoto Intermediate School is a Public school that serves grades 3-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Desoto Intermediate School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 4 reviews. Top