Bad
Good

I am a substitute teacher in the Dubuque Community School District. Hoover is one of my favorite schools to teach at. The teachers, administrator, and other school staff are friendly, organized, and professional at all times. The children are respectful. I enjoy my time at Hoover and would not hesitate to enroll my child at this school if I had an elementary age child.

Hoover is not 'all that'. We moved into the district and it started the first day of school. My son was in TAG, the previous 2 years and we got here & they were not up to what he was doing, so instead of giving him the education he deserved, they 'dummied him up' and made him repeat all that he had done the previous year. The problems with the Teacher were unbelievable & unacceptable. Not alot of help from the Principal either. We ended up having to pull him from this school before mid-year & enrolled him elsewhere.

Hoover is a wonderful neighborhood school. The staff is enthusiastic, which makes the kids excited to learn. The principal is wonderful! She will always make time to listen to parents, students and staff. My child has some sensory issues and the special education staff is top notch. I couldn't dream of a better school for my son! Thank you Hoover, keep up the great work!

Last modified Hoover Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.