Posted September 27, 2013
Hi. We are new in town. And we were worried for a good school for our kids. And I pick Irving Elementry because it's annual result is remarkable. And so far my kids are happy with the school too. Teachers are phenomenal and very cooperative too. Principle is one of the amazing persons I met. She knows her school kids name and talk with them very friendly. I think when leader is capable enough then her team can achieve any goal easily. Overall we like this school very much.

Irving Elementary School 4

Posted August 02, 2013
I've had three kids in this school and at first it wasn't going well for my oldest. Since then he has exceeded beyond anyone's expectations. I think the staff under the new principal is responsible for his improvements. The teachers care about the students and everyone is really friendly.

Posted July 19, 2013
After a VERY bad experience with Kennedy elementary in Dubuque, we were planning to homeschool to prevent our daughter from suffering any more abuse at the hands of a teacher and principal. Thankfully, we decided to move and give Irving a shot before giving up on public school all together. I could not be more pleased with the year we have had at Irving! The principal is so kind and caring - she knows every child by name and they run to hug her when they see her. The teacher my daughter had for 3rd grade was the first time she's felt supported, nurtured, and cared about at school. She was an absolute angel. We plan to stay in the area, at least until our children are done with grade school, just so they can both take advantage of this amazing school. My daughter has special educational needs and instead of being made to feel like a problem and burden like we were at Kennedy, Irving has made her feel just as normal as the other children. The bullying she suffered daily for 3 years at Kennedy has not been a problem for even ONE single day at Irving - they do not tolerate bullying of any kind. Amazing, wonderful, sanity-saving school! I literally cannot say enough good things!!!

Irving Elementary School 2

Posted June 13, 2008
Way too big and way too many kids are shipped in. This is not a neighborhood school.

Posted October 15, 2006
Irving has exceeded all our expectations for a positive elementary education for our children. I don't know what we would do without the established relationships that we have nurtured at Irving over the years. Whatever it takes, we would remain with Irving if given the chance. We love Irving.

Irving Elementary School 4

Posted July 26, 2006
Irving Elementary is overall a good school. I am unhappy with the overcrowding. I think open enrollment should be taken this into consideration more. I purchased my house in this district for the reason of wanting my kids in Irving. I think others need to do the same. I would also say A+ to the school nurse Janice Funke my kids would not know what to do without her. The office staff there is always friendly and helpful. The principal needs to unwind a bit. The teachers and associates do their best with the numbers they are given. Recess numbers are out of conrtol. At least in the rooms I do feel my kids are getting a good education. Overall I would give Irving a B.

Irving Elementary School
2520 Pennsylvania Ave, Dubuque, IA  52001
Last modified Irving Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Irving Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top