Posted September 21, 2014
I moved here and from overseas and was really worried about of my young kids adjusting here. The teachers were very supportive and they made a an extra effort for my kids to be comfortable in the new environment. I love the parental involvement and the dedicated of all teachers and principal. Choosing Horn was possibly the best decision I made when moving to Iowa city.

Posted June 20, 2014
Horn Elementary school was named after Dr. Ernest Horn who was a professor of education at the University of Iowa. My daughter has been attending Horn for 5 years, and she is absolutely happy about her school. That's why we let our daughter still go to Horn after we moved to Coralville a few years ago. Teachers and staff members are dedicated, knowledgeable, and very approachable. Recently, class size was a bit enlarged due to the closure of nearby Roosevelt. Due to the nature of a college town, there are many students from diverse ethnic groups of the world, and your kid will be exposed to a global setting early, which is a rare experience in the Midwest. The only drawback about this school is relatively small parking space. You have to plan accordingly.

Posted June 20, 2013
This school has been wonderful! Three of my kids attended Horn and they all had wonderful experiences. The ELP program had my son very excited to learn. It is a warm and caring environment. The teachers and principal were all great to work with. We are moving out of state this year and leaving Horn is the hardest part!

Posted January 07, 2012
I've had two boys attend Horn and both had a wonderful experience! The teachers and principal are great!

Posted May 13, 2009

Posted March 26, 2008

Ernest Horn Elementary School 0

Posted March 24, 2008
Outstanding school. Lots of parent involvement. Teachers are very involved and have developed unique programs (computers for Africa, sock hops...)

Posted July 05, 2007

Posted March 05, 2007

Ernest Horn Elementary School
600 Koser Ave, Iowa City, IA  52246
Last modified Ernest Horn Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ernest Horn Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top