Bad
Good

Posted July 04, 2014
My son has attended Grant Wood for 4 years. He loves both his teachers and the friends that he has made. All of his teachers have had great communication with us. We could not be happier with his school.

Posted May 18, 2010
My daughter Chloe is finishing up 1st grade at Grant Wood. Her teacher Mrs. Holland is wonderful and last years Mrs. Ryan hugs Chloe every time she see's her. My daughter loves her school, her teachers and piers. Chloe is reading at 2nd grade level, which to me means, the school is doing a great job educating!

Posted September 17, 2009
My children went there and had a great time! Paul Davis was an excellent principal and the teachers were really caring also.

Posted September 16, 2009
Grantwood was a great place for my kids to go to elementary school. Paul Davis was the best principal ever-----and the teachers were awesome. My kids loved Grantwood!!!!!!

Posted August 21, 2009
Mrs. Callahan has made many positive changes since becoming principaltwo years ago. Grant Wood has improved quite a bit since she has come on board.

Grant Wood Elementary School 4

Posted April 10, 2009
The school has improved with new leadership. I think there are other schools in the district that have better teacher-student ratios. There are a few teachers who are questionable...but overall the school is much better than it was under the previous leadership.

Posted January 30, 2008
Grant Wood Elementary has a wonderful new playgrgound, an immense new gym, the school district's Safety Village, an authenic Iowa prairie, a lovely city park attached to the school grounds, a very active PTO, terrific teachers, a low student-teacher ratio and the most culturally diverse student population in the district.

Posted March 02, 2005
Whenever my son and I enter the school, we are greeted warmly by everyone-faculty, staff, even students. It seems that there is always a happy student holding a door open for me as I enter and exit the school! I know that if I have a question or concern, it will be handled immediately. My son has several 'advocates' supporting him daily. I cannot tell you how comforting that is. I went to Grant Wood Elementary and get a kick out of seeing some of the same teachers still working their magic.

Grant Wood Elementary School 4

Posted November 30, 2003
We have two children at Grant Wood and our experience has been wonderful. Wonderful communication from the teachers, and the quality of the teachers we have had is great! Mrs. Lawrence provides outstanding leadership as the principal, and really makes an effort to make the students feel good about themselves. The school also offers a good before and after school program.

1930 Lakeside Dr, Iowa City, IA  52240
Last modified Grant Wood Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.