Bad
Good

West High is overall a great place in terms of academics, extracurriculars, and people. It offers a wide variety of courses for a Midwest high school, and there are tons of fun clubs, that anyone can join. There's even a Zombie Club! Students are friendly and teachers will always be there for you. There are high expectations in terms of education, since a lot of students take advanced math and science courses, along with AP subjects. The sports teams and Math Club have won many events.Overall, an awesome school!

iowa city west is an awful school. Bullying coaches, mean girl cliques, too many students and staff that simply does not care about the kids.

Needs a new principal. This one only cares aboutr protecting his turf and isn't concerned about actually improving things for students. Traffic in and out is HORRIBLE, yet there ARE solutions.

I have a student who isn't crazy about school at all but really enjoyed his time at West. I find the kids are the nicest kids I've met and we have moved alot. They aren't perfect but they are friendly and polite. They made my kids feel welcomed when we were new.

West High doesn't just strive to be the best, it is the best. True, some kids may not feel like they fit in, I didn't at first, but what I have found is there is always someone willing to accept you and respect you for who you are. Kids will bicker, but anyone who doesn't feel like they're being treated nicely by their peers are probably not treating the people who would treat them nicely well in the first place. I graduated in 2012 and not once did I ever know a kid who was nice to others and treated unkindly in return. If you are nice, and work hard at everything you do, you will be loved and respected by the students and staff at West High School.

This school is not diverse whatsoever. If you are not in the "IN" crowd you are not in and the others in there start to treat you very badly. I can not believe the slander that is occurring here. They way the student body treats people is terrible. I truthfully will not let my daughter spend another day with the ridiculing and abuse that has occurred here. It is not just her either many of her friends our experiencing the same issues. I have never seen so many kids who are experiencing so many emotional issues. Parents if these are your children get them out now. This is not right. The teachers are good but that is not enough to allow my daughter to deal with this. Then they will not let her change out of the district. thanks to their almighty dollar. The budget is more important than a child's welfare.

West High is an absolutely amazing place - as someone who came from a rather rough neighborhood, I can definitely say that this school is unlike any other. The lives that emerge from West are changed forever by the faculty that takes the time to attend to each student, the student body is incredibly driven, and the sheer amount of clubs and community support make West a truly great place to learn. I'll be graduating in a few weeks and I can honestly say that I'll miss my high school.

I am a freshman at West Senior High School. The school has been amazing for me so far this year, the teachers are great and i have many many friends. Many parents argue that because the school is large that you can get lost. This however, is false. You might get lost your first, maybe even second day, but by the third day as a freshman, one knows the school like the back of their hand.

Last modified West Senior High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.