Johnston, IA

Posted April 24, 2015
I swear they put aerosol Prozac in the ventilation system for the staff. They are consistently positive and extremely knowledgable. As foster parents we bring kids in on short notice and they often have a number of learning deficits to address. The staff is quick to respond and very helpful. they've done amazing work!! We've purposely not bought a different house so we can stay in this school's attendance boundaries.

Posted February 14, 2014
Lawson is a great school with teachers and administrators who clearly care about their students. While I haven't always agreed with the classroom management philosophies of each teacher, administration and teachers alike have been receptive to my concerns and have taken the time to respect my thoughts as an educator in another district. I love that there is diversity within the school and that it is a safe learning environment for my daughter. The school is large, but takes the time to get to know students and families.

Posted October 16, 2010
My son is in kindergarten and really enjoys going to Lawson. The teachers are warm and caring, and do a great job. They really make learning fun and engaging for the kids. The school itself is a very warm and comfortable environment and I really feel like my son is in good hands when I drop him off in the morning. They teach the kids about character and have many great programs for them to participate in.

Posted November 14, 2009
Great staff all the way from preschool to 5th grade. Caring teachers, involved parents. The school is on of the smaller ones in the district, so I feel great about sending my kids there.

Posted February 16, 2009
Great teachers. Great administration!

Lawson Elementary School
5450 NW 62nd Ave, Johnston, IA  50131
Last modified Lawson Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lawson Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top