Johnston Middle School 1

Posted December 27, 2011
This school district lacks greatly in the ability to help kids with special needs or leaning disablilities. We have fought the schools for 8 years and was told what we wanted to hear but they did nothing to help. they will fight you to the end to get a 504 plan and then they dont even follow it. They also will not admit and ignore the harassing and bulling that goes on in this school. They act as if your not "popular" or weathly then they dont want you. This school needs serouis help

Posted August 03, 2010
Johnston students are fortunate to attend schools that are well maintained and up to date, staffed by caring professionals, and supported by a community that values education. Johnston schools are great places to teach and learn.

Johnston Middle School 0

Posted March 01, 2010
I honestly think that this school needs a lot of help in the area of teaching kids with learning disabilities.. I can not get my son any help from the school ... teachers are too busy before or after school to help... this is two years of fighting the school to get help and we get nothing.. the 504 plan is a joke they dont even follow it.. i have and will continue to contact the state to help kids with these issues in school

Johnston Middle School 1

Posted August 23, 2009

Posted July 27, 2009
I think this school is great. They put 8th and 9th graders together in the same building and I think it helps a lot with transitioning into high school. All the kids here are really friendly. For me, the school's size is just right; not too big, not too small, both population and building-size wise.

Posted September 09, 2003
I think our school is very well rounded. Importance is placed on academics, the arts, & sports equally. My children are very comfortable and have positive experiences at our school. The teachers & staff are high quality and are teaching because they love kids and it shows.

Johnston Middle School
6207 NW 62nd Ave, Johnston, IA  50131
Last modified Johnston Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 8-9. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Johnston Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top