Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Don't know (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (2 responses)

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted March 28, 2016
my English and history teachers (Ms. Bramhall and Mrs. Cline) have been extremely helpful and easy to relate to. they've taught me a lot and made my experiences at school a lot better

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted March 28, 2016
my teachers are all extremely supportive of me and everything I do, even if it does not relate to my academics

Develops respect: Disagree

Posted March 28, 2016
many students I have in classes are extremely disrespectful to their teachers. it makes it difficult to pay attention and learn

Johnston Senior High School 4

Posted March 28, 2016
I haven't had any negative interactions at the school, my teachers and classes are good, I don't see any problems

Posted December 03, 2015
I love Johnston. The education I've received there is truly top-notch. I've never had a single teacher who is not qualified or unpassionate, and the athletics are actually pretty good. I've been involved with numerous of activities that have definitely added to my experience. Students are, for a majority, very kind and clean cut. There are, of course, kids who drink or do drugs however they are the definite minority and there is no pressure to do anything you don't want to. Reading the reviews and seeing all the comments about drugs and drinking are definitely false or over-exaggerated. There is a high standard of excellence here and I'm so glad my parents chose to live in and send me to Johnston rather than some of the other local schools, such as Urbandale or Hoover.

Johnston Senior High School 2

Posted September 05, 2015
The first year my kids went there they were hounded by drug dealers and bullied. My younger student was in class with a student that was clearly high and the teacher and counselors did nothing about it. My daughter also had rumors spread about her because she refused a date. Luckily her friends stood up for her, but the counselors could care less. Two suicides in one year in the middle school doesn't bode well, and those aren't the only suicides.

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted September 05, 2015
Saying drugs are bad and then letting them run rampant through the school shows no integrity.

Posted November 01, 2009
Excellent schools... what about the baseball and football teams? I don't think there has even been a 40-0 baseball team in Iowa High School Athletics! I think if your kids go to church, have good values, and hang with friends that have of similar values you can't go wrong. You still need strong parental involvement.

Posted October 06, 2009
It has a great staff with award winning teachers, and above average standardized test scores.

Johnston Senior High School 4

Posted June 02, 2008
JHS is a high quality school. They have ample opportunities for every student. In response to the last person's review: every school has its share of students with problems. Per capita, JHS has much less than other metro high schools. Also, I would question the education of the person writing that review, as their spelling, grammar, and punctuation are very poor. Perhaps.....hmmmm....I think someone has an axe to grind.

6501 NW 62nd Ave, Johnston, IA  50131
Last modified Johnston Senior High School is a Public school that serves grades 10-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.