Keokuk, IA

Posted March 31, 2015
It was one of the hardest things are family did but now we are reaping the benefits of all the hard work I'm a better person my family gets along much better or whole and healthy one of the finest schools I've ever seen

Midwest Academy 3

Posted January 25, 2015
For parents that are at a last resort, Midwest academy could help you. I was kicked out of every public high school in the state of Illinois and had no choice but to go to a boarding school. Midwest academy had a 6 day a week schooling system that helped me graduate at 17, a year before I was supposed to. But as for the therapeutic part of the school, I was skeptical. I saw many questionable things at Midwest academy from the 8 months I was there in 2014. I personally was a student that followed the rules and never really got in trouble but still. " In Midwest academy terms" I relapsped the first day I got home from the school. I am thankful this school gave me my education but it is no cure for the real problems that have troubles me in recent years of my life.

Posted September 17, 2014
Our son spent seven months in MWA. We are very happy to chose this school. The people working there know how to help troubled youth. Before MWA our son was at another boarding school but MWA helped him the most. Thank you to all employees in MWA. Sebastian's parents

Posted August 26, 2014
Choosing to send our son to Midwest Academy was the most difficult decsision we ever made. At the time he had become a danger to himself and others through his involvement with illicit drugs. At Midwest he was kept safe, learned life skills and had time to mature. The rest of the family attended seminars which paralleled his and we all learned better life skills. Today he is in his second year of law school and taking on his life.

Posted August 25, 2014
Midwest Academy was a lifesaver for our son. After graduating the program in one year he was a completely different young man. A person we all knew he could be before he started with drugs. Through the seminars, we as parents learned a lot as well. I would highly recommend this school and the program that is taught.

Posted August 25, 2014
I credit Midwest Academy with saving my son's life and giving him a great future. It was there that he gained the life skills that were eluding him back at home. He learned to be accountable for his actions, how to communicate effectively with other people, how to enhance his strengths and improve upon his weaknesses. He became the leader and mentor he was meant to be and has developed an insightfulness that guides his decisions. Some kids don't succeed in a traditional setting. My son was one of those kids. I thank the Lord everyday for connecting us to Midwest Academy and giving my son the structure, discipline, and care that he needed. Ben Trane has cared for us like family, and we continue to check in with him regarding my son's progress. Midwest will always have my gratitude for restoring my son and, in turn, my family.

Posted August 25, 2014
Our daugher was a student at Midwest Academy. From the very first phone call, we have found the staff to be extremly caring and concerned for the best welfare of the kids. They were very honest with us about what to expect and that it was a tough program. Sending your child to boarding school is never your first choice but sometimes it is your best choice. We have always had support from the entire staff both for ourself and for our daughter. If you are willing to put in the work to make your relationship with your child better, you will see postive results. My husband and I have helped to staff many seminars and now our daughter gives back as well. Using the tools that Midwest Academy gives you to help other familes becoem healthy again is a great way to keep your own family connected and healthy. Our daughter had been home now for almost one year and is doing fantastic. She has returned to the school on numerous occasions to help staff seminars and to visit with our "Iowa family". I would not hesitate to recomend this school.

Posted August 25, 2014
I can say, without a doubt, that this school saved my daughter's life. I feel they had my daughter's best interest in mind at all times. Not only did I feel the place was safe for her to be at , but also felt that they were prepared to handle any situation.From the start of her 16 month stay there, I was happy at how well they immediately set up rules and made it very clear what their goals were for her and what rewards and consequences she would have for her behavior. I felt that they treated all kids the same, no favorites! I was also very happy to learn that they believed that the parents needed to be a part of the program and expected full cooperation from them in order for our children to move through their program.

Posted January 11, 2013
My son was a student there from Dec 2010 to July 2011 and completed his High School education there. It is a computer self paced program and the students have to receive an 80% grade in order to pass the class. If not then they have to take the course over. My son went from D's & F's to A's & B's and is thankful that he had passed High School. He had no problems with his diploma when he checked into the military and also used to to go to college. Is everything perfect at thisschool? No, but I would send my son to MWA again. He agress that this school saved his life or kept him out of jail.

Midwest Academy 1

Posted October 02, 2011
I was a student from March of 07, to August of 08, I wouldn't reccomend this school to anyone. The schooling was ridiculous, with religion based curriculum, and little to no help from teachers and other students. The school in itself has many allegations against it, and though I can't list them here, I advise parents to research WWASP. Which is who this school is affiliated with. These are behavior modification schools, and that in itself should tell you the kind of things that go on behind closed doors. They have scarred me for the rest of my life, and after my 16 months there, and it being 4 years later, I still have no highschool diploma, because my public school accepted only FIVE of the credits. These schools are only there to take money from frightened parents, looking for a way out. Don't do it!

Midwest Academy