Keosauqua, IA

Posted July 25, 2011
The Van Buren Schools that I had graduated from, is not the same as it is now. I came back to the area to raise my children in a GREAT school system, and was shocked as to see it deteriorate right in front of me. It was not to the high standards that I was use to when I was going through school when I got there and now they will be luck to have a school district in 2-5 years. With the loss of Mr. Russell and several other teachers/administrator that have stock in the system and have been there for 20 years and several awesome resource and aids, there is NO WAY I WOULD EVER TELL ANYONE TO COME HERE TO RAISE THEIR CHILDREN!! BULLYING IS AN UNDERSTATEMENT....AND IS THE NORM. I was glad that my children were able to survive as long as they could here. I never thought I would think of sending my children to Harmony (not that I did one BARELY graduated and the youngest went to live with his father for a chance to thrive). THANKS FOR NOTHING!

Van Buren Community High School 5

Posted December 16, 2010
Nothing but good to say about this school district,all Great experiences.Two of the Best Teachers Iowa has to offer under one roof !! Thank you Mr.&Mrs.Jones

Posted October 28, 2010
Snooty secretary, adolescent principal, what next? Teachers at Van Buren seem to change every year, for the last 9 years my kids have attended. (PS, they're not at VB anymore). When I walked in to parent teacher conferences and saw the lines of unscheduled parents sitting outside of EACH AND EVERY classroom, except maybe art, and then on the next turn saw the principal, tie and all, playing some sort of bouncy ball with the janitor in the corridor, I knew this had to be a joke. No, wait, its my kids educators. Thanks VB, for killing every last shred of faith I had in you.

Van Buren Community High School 5

Posted March 03, 2010
Very happy that we have seperated the 6-8 kids into their own building!

Posted November 03, 2009

Posted May 01, 2008

Van Buren Community High School 3

Posted December 09, 2006
School Board must address the issue of student discipline. A much harsher discipline policy must happen for a better and safer school

Van Buren Community High School 2

Posted April 27, 2006
School would be better if the Junior High and High School were in different buildings. Too much mixing of the older and younger kids which does not allow the High School kids to be High Schoolers and exposes younger kids to things they should not be exposed to at that age.

Van Buren Community High School 2

Posted November 04, 2005
Teachers work hard to keep academic standards high. Very poor parent involvement.

Van Buren Community High School 3

Posted February 29, 2004

Van Buren Community High School
405 4th St, Keosauqua, IA  52565
Last modified Van Buren Community High School is a Public school that serves grades 7-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Van Buren Community High School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top