Gehlen Catholic Schools 2

Posted July 25, 2013
Wow have things have changed. I wrote a review of this school when my boy was in fourth grade and thought things were very nice. With time we grow wiser and see things more clearly. We left LeMars for four years and have returned to find a school in disarray. My boy is now a junior and we cant wait for the next few years to be over. The leadership is gone and clique groups have taken over.

Posted August 31, 2007
I have three children at attend Geheln and have been extremely happy with the quality of the teachers, student to staff ratio and true Christian atmosphere. Students at all grade levels excel at Iowa Basic Skills and are learning to not be perfect but to strive to be the best image of Christ they can. I feel that we are blessed to have Gehlen in our community and encourage anyone to come and take a look and see why Gehlen is such a special place.

Gehlen Catholic Schools 1

Posted August 29, 2007
Not a school to be considered if you wish a superior education. Too much here of politics and favoritism. There are other schools in the area that should be considered.

Posted January 14, 2007
- a former student
I attended Gehlen Catholic along with my nine brothers and sisters, my mother also attended this school when it was called Saint Josephs. My father attended LeMars public, but eventually was granted a varsity letter from Gehlen Catholic because of his dedication to this school. My son attends Gehlen Catholic and is presently in the 4th grade along with all of his 1st cousins that live in the LeMars area. This is just a small sample of the family atmosphere that is present at Gehlen Catholic. The teachers and administration work together to give the students a feeling of togetherness. This togetherness is in all areas of the school; academics, sports, fine arts, and religion. The elementary teachers have the experience and dedication to provide your child with the best Catholic education around. As long as I am in the LeMars area my child will attend Gehlen Catholic. Thank you.

Gehlen Catholic Schools 4

Posted September 07, 2005
I am a parent of three studends that have or are going to Gehlen Catholic School. I have one student still going and we have been very pleased with the school. We like the fact that the classes are small and that all of the students interact with each other . It is nice to see the older students helping the younger ones. The school has very good programs for the students to be involved in and alot of the students are involved in not only sports but also the Fine Arts Programs. This year the Gehlen band will be preforming at the Liberty Bowl in Memphis TN. This is showing everyone that this program and all of the Fine arts are growing and doing very well at Gehlen. Keep up the great work.

Posted May 12, 2005
I am currently a student at Gehlen Catholic. My family is very involved with the school and will continue that involvement even after I graduate. Gehlen is an all around amazing school. The students are very welcoming and portray their Catholic values in everything they do. We have always had great sportsmanship in and out of sports. Gehlen is a great place for kids to grow in their faith and as a good person. When I have children I plan on sending them to Gehlen.

Posted November 12, 2004
I attend Gehlen Catholic now and i really do feel that it is a good quality school. Yes the price is high, but you get what you pay for. Everyone particpates in christian service while getting a good education at the same time. Class sizes are small so there is more one on one with the teachers which allows us students to understand the material better. And since Gehlen is a smaller school you come to know everyone in you class. When you go to Gehlen it becomes a family. you know that there is someone there for you who is willing to laugh, cry, and even pray with and for you. I would tell anyone to send their kids to Gehlen.

Posted November 05, 2004
My 9 brothers and sisters and I all graduated from Gehlen Catholic. I currently have 4 children attending Gehlen Catholic. 2 high school students, 1 junior high student and 1 elementary student. I am very pleased with the education they are receiving at Gehlen. The faculty to student ratio is great. The faculty and administration go the extra mile to make sure the students needs are being met. The Administrator practices an open door policy and is available to all students and parents. He truly has the students best interest at heart. The Christian atmosphere offered at Gehlen is the best. I would recommend sending your children to this school in a heartbeat.

Gehlen Catholic Schools 3

Posted October 10, 2004
This school could be improved in so many ways. The cost per child is extremely high, but no one knows where the money goes? It sure isn't to the faculty, or to the extracurricular activities, or to keeping the school kept clean. If you are looking for a Catholic school in the area, I suggest LeMars public, they have a wonderful education system. If you're adement about your children attending a Catholic school, I'd send them to Remsen St. Marys.

Posted May 16, 2004

Gehlen Catholic Schools
709 Plymouth Street West, Le Mars, IA  51031
Last modified Gehlen Catholic Schools is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Gehlen Catholic Schools Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top