PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Wow have things have changed. I wrote a review of this school when my boy was in fourth grade and thought things were very nice. With time we grow wiser and see things more clearly. We left LeMars for four years and have returned to find a school in disarray. My boy is now a junior and we cant wait for the next few years to be over. The leadership is gone and clique groups have taken over.

I have three children at attend Geheln and have been extremely happy with the quality of the teachers, student to staff ratio and true Christian atmosphere. Students at all grade levels excel at Iowa Basic Skills and are learning to not be perfect but to strive to be the best image of Christ they can. I feel that we are blessed to have Gehlen in our community and encourage anyone to come and take a look and see why Gehlen is such a special place.

Not a school to be considered if you wish a superior education. Too much here of politics and favoritism. There are other schools in the area that should be considered.

I attended Gehlen Catholic along with my nine brothers and sisters, my mother also attended this school when it was called Saint Josephs. My father attended LeMars public, but eventually was granted a varsity letter from Gehlen Catholic because of his dedication to this school. My son attends Gehlen Catholic and is presently in the 4th grade along with all of his 1st cousins that live in the LeMars area. This is just a small sample of the family atmosphere that is present at Gehlen Catholic. The teachers and administration work together to give the students a feeling of togetherness. This togetherness is in all areas of the school; academics, sports, fine arts, and religion. The elementary teachers have the experience and dedication to provide your child with the best Catholic education around. As long as I am in the LeMars area my child will attend Gehlen Catholic. Thank you.

Last modified Gehlen Catholic Schools is a Private school that serves grades PK-12