St Joseph Catholic School 1

Posted March 30, 2010

Posted March 04, 2010
It saddens me that there are people who put painstaking effort into shopping for a car but don't give careful consideration to all options available for the education of their children. We've been part of the St. Joseph School community for seven years now, and during that time not only have our kids advanced academically & physically and flourished socially & spiritually, but our family has grown. The other families and staff are the best kind of family to us -- one that understands that they are to look at every person as a child of God. And, even though they are human and make mistakes, they have a constant drive to love others unconditionally. The reason for their drive? Because they are free to live in the acknowledgement and thankfulness of the source of that drive...God. What better environment is there for our children? For us?

Posted May 01, 2009
This school is the absolute best. Not only does it compete academically with the public schools in the Linn-Mar district, but it offers an added bonus to your children which is, unfortunately absent in todays world- a value system based on Christian principles. There is a strong sense of family and belonging at this school. The teachers and administrators are excellent and caring. It is definitely worth the money to send your child here. I look at it as an investment in the academic and moral upbringing of any child. I encourage any parent who's wants to build the character of their child via core morals and academics to give St Joseph's a try. It's worth it!

Posted April 17, 2009
I can hardly say enough about the quality and dedication of St. Joseph's teachers. My son has ADHD and has had a difficult time learning to read. Initially, I was concerned that a small private school might not have the resources to assist my son. I soon found I had no need to worry. St. Joseph's teachers are knowledgeable professionals who are true advocates for their own students. They gave my son individual attention and patient support. Most importantly, they have been as excited as my husband and myself over our son's achievements! St. Joe's offers small class sizes, a strong sense of community rooted in faith, AND excellent teaching, creating an educational experience I would wish for any child.

Posted April 16, 2009
St. Joseph Catholic School is a wonderful place to work! The parents are outstanding! Their involvement is unbeatable!! The children are polite, well-mannered and very intelligent. The leadership of the building is second to none! This is by far, the best elementary school in the area!! Come join us!

Posted April 14, 2009
St. Joseph Catholic School is like a second family to us. It is comforting to us and our child that we know so many of the other families at the school. Given that we live in an already great school system, St. Joseph has to work that much harder to provide outstanding academics. The spiritual component, which is very important to us, resonates throughout the school and is an extension of what we teach at home. When we do have questions about something, we feel very comfortable asking, knowing they will get addressed. Everyone we've encountered at the school has always had the best interest of the students in mind.

Posted January 24, 2009
Fantastic Music program -- christmas programs are no longer boring! So nice to listen to our children sing instead of a loud tape recording that over powers the singing! In a city of great schools this stands out!

Posted June 05, 2008
Love the school!! I have four children, preschool through grade 5. I love the small class sizes, extra help for one child in reading, extra learning for one child who is very smart. Lots of parent involvement, fun activities, eighth graders that work with the kindergarteners, great test scores!

Posted August 21, 2007
- a staff

St Joseph Catholic School 4

Posted March 31, 2006
I have a son who attends St. Joe's kindergarten and am pleased with with the quality of his education. Strong emphasis on reading skills and strong emphasis on reading at home. Lots of art projects come home! My son is 4 and he can count to 30 on his own and can wait to read. Just the right amount of discipline

St Joseph Catholic School
1430 14th Street, Marion, IA  52302
Last modified St Joseph Catholic School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St Joseph Catholic School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top