Marion, IA

Novak Elementary School 1

Posted December 24, 2013
This school lacks in compassion for their students, empathy for parents, and overall caring. They allowed my daughter with autism to be beat up by other students for months regardless of my complaints, then told me that it was mutual at that point and my daughter needs to stop defending herself. The kindergarten class went through 3 teachers in 9 months. Teachers full of themselves, do very little to protect students, do not follow requests of parents. School refused to protect my older daughter with PTSD from possible danger. They also do not work well with outside agencies. Stay clear of this school! Not worth the risk!

Posted November 27, 2013
I went to Novak last year it was so much fun some of u could disagree with me but I love that school.I had wonderful teachers that helped me get through k-5 it was awesome!!Now 2 of my siblings go there and they love it there!!Thank u to all the teachers from the reading teachers to the home room teachers miss you guy a lot. :(

Posted April 05, 2010
Novak had my son from first through fifth grade. They all were excellent there. The staff is super friendly, helpful and loving to the kids. I am excited to see my daughter go to the brand new Novak building one year after it will be open. Keep up the wonderful jobs you do for our children Novak and see you with my daughter in 2011.

Posted August 03, 2007
Novak's staff is outstanding! We moved her last year and my child has problems adjusting...the staff was caring and went above and beyond to make my child feel welcome and help enroll him in the extra classes he needed to succeed. Teachers also too extra time out of their day to inform me on how he was adjusting and concerns that they had.

Posted May 29, 2007
My daughter is a kindergartner and she loves going to Novak. This is the second elementary school she has attended during this year because our family moved to Marion from Davenport. The entire staff is friendly and approachable. My child comes home every day, sharing her school experiences with a smile. As a parent, I feel that she is in a very safe environment. I can't say enough about their attention to her education. I am really happy that she is going to Novak.

Novak Elementary School
401 29th St, Marion, IA  52302
Last modified Novak Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Novak Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 5 reviews. Top