North Cedar Mechanicsville Elementary Center 5

Posted October 28, 2012
I was principal from 1965 -68 and it was a fun experience with John Sauer on the school board.

North Cedar Mechanicsville Elementary Center 5

Posted November 13, 2009
My son is a preschool student at North Cedar. In the two months he has attended, he is able to write his name, count to 29, sing the ABCs, etc., etc. This is a very good school with a good curriculum and staff.

North Cedar Mechanicsville Elementary Center 0

Posted July 03, 2007
If I said this district is mediocre I would be incredibly generous. The teaching staff (with the exception of the 4th grade) is abysmal. The administration is ineffective. The transportation (bus drivers) lethal. The only bright spot are the two incredibly gifted and dedicated fourth grade teachers who deserve to be in a much better district.

North Cedar Mechanicsville Elementary Center 3

Posted December 01, 2005
I am a former student, and my child is a current student. Since day one we have had problems with the teacher, aide, and principal in generalizing my child and not listening to our comments as parents seriously. The current kindergarden teacher is stuck in a teaching rut and discourages individualaty and imagination. She and her aide have little to no patientce with the children. In visiting the school, I have seen children get left behind because no head count was taken, and when informed of the lost students, didn't seem at all upset or worried. I have witnessed my own child get yelled at because they were not given enough time to get ready to leave for lunch-they are only five year olds. The curriculum is well paced though and does challenge at times. Just be prepared to fight for your child.

North Cedar Mechanicsville Elementary Center
609 125th St, Mechanicsville, IA  52306
Last modified North Cedar Mechanicsville Elementary Center is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
North Cedar Mechanicsville Elementary Center Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 4 reviews. Top