Monticello, IA

Shannon Elementary School 5

Posted January 03, 2011
Faculty and staff are caring and welcome our entire family, including children not yet in school. Parents have choice between traditional kindergarten and multi-age (half K, half 1st grade in same room) I've been pleasantly surprised by how well the multi-age has worked for our daughter. Teacher makes meaningful measures of academic growth. Plenty of opportunities for parent volunteers.

Shannon Elementary School 5

Posted October 07, 2004
I feel so fortunate that my child's first years in school will be spent at Shannon. The warm, child-centered environment is evident from the time you step in the door. It is nice to have a choice between a traditional classroom and multi-age. We chose multi-age for our child, and it has proven to be a wise choice. My child's teacher has been excellent at fostering a cooperative environment, where the 'olders' help the 'youngers' and everyone can learn at his/her own pace. From my experience, the multi-age teachers are dedicated professionals who are constantly striving to ensure that they are incorporating best practice and engaging their learners through well-designed themes and developmentally-appropriate instruction. Shannon school has definitely started my child's school experience in the right direction! My ratings below are only for the multi-age program as far as teachers, etc. I haven't heard the same about the traditional classrooms.

Shannon Elementary School
321 West South St, Monticello, IA  52310
Last modified Shannon Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-1. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Shannon Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 2 reviews. Top