Posted August 16, 2013
I recently graduated this high school and loved every minute of it. Although some teachers do very much hate their job, others love it and are willing to help you learn at any opportunity. In contrary to the earlier statement, money is spread everywhere there are boosters for liberal arts, as well as athletics and educational boosters as well, in Norwalk athletic boosters are very successful in comparison to others. Hence new uniforms for sports teams and new equipment and a stadium. The principal Dale Barnhill is very involved and closely relates with all his students. Also, the superintendent in this district is very educationally focused as well. If looking for a school in the area this is a very good one to look into. I strongly advise sending your children to this school some of the highest testing scores in the state.

Posted August 21, 2011
As much as I loved Norwalk high school, I didn't care for it at the same time. The kids were always rude, some teachers were but others just sucked. This school is not great but it's better than other schools. I'm debating wanting to send my future children here.

Posted November 23, 2009
Great school! Teachers are extremely helpful and easy accessible. Students are kind, friendly with a great school spirit. Great basketball team and soccer team in 3A.

Posted June 18, 2009

Posted January 22, 2009
Its a great school Most teachers are really nice and this year our football team dominated but could have more fun and freedom to do things we are actually going to use in the near future and let us do what we want to do

Norwalk Senior High School 0

Posted September 17, 2007
Okay here we go great school all the teams own except football I'm not going to pass the blame and this school loves to do that so instead of complaining let's do something about it! Show your colors and help us players keep our heads up

Posted April 02, 2007

Norwalk Senior High School 2

Posted January 12, 2006
Students at norwalk high school do not have enough freedoms and do not even get the opportunities that some of the other high school in the area do. for example taking a photography class. there has not been a photography class at this high school for many years now and i do feel as if my child is missing out on that opportunity.

Posted August 29, 2004
Great School. The administration handles student affairs wonderfully along with the other tasks of running the school. Little diversity, but great test scores(SAT, ITBS), and a very low number of major problems. My children and I both have loved this school from day one.

Posted May 26, 2004
Ok school, but have been frustrated with some of the high school teachers. Some teach for a paycheck between sports coaching seasons, and do not place nearly the passion on education as they do for the sports. (I'm not naive, this happens everywhere--just seems really bad here) Also, it doesn't appear that high school teachers are very accountable for their curriculum. Some hasn't changed in five years (through my first two children). But the baseball team has new uniforms each year. Hmmmmm? Where's the emphasis? Anyone else see anything wrong with this picture?

Norwalk Senior High School
1201 North Ave, Norwalk, IA  50211
Last modified Norwalk Senior High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Norwalk Senior High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top