Posted October 27, 2014
My child is in his 2nd year at EMS and is thriving! He is provided opportunity to be activities after school, he is excelling in his classes and is driven to be a team leader in his classes. He is happy to be a student at EMS!

Posted May 22, 2014
evans is not a great school i have see bugs in the school it is grows and unclean

Posted May 22, 2014
All the students are rowdy and the teachers aren't very good. The principal claims Evans as "the greatest school in the universe"

Posted May 05, 2010
I think Evans is great! I just recently moved back to ottumwa with my parents. I would not choose any other school. Its a good clean enviorment and you get to meet new people. I am so lucky to attend Evans. Any student to attend EMS is lucky. We may have had a few problems but the school is very good. Teachers help when you need them to and they auctually listen to you. They care if you pass, not like other people have posted on here.

Evans Middle School 2

Posted March 08, 2010
This has been a nightmare for me. My child has attended both 7th and 8th grade here. This is the only middle school in Ottumwa and 6th grade has recently been moved to this building as well. This is way too many children to have at this difficult age in one building. Keeping track of all these kids has been an issue, communication with parents about their child has been ridiculous. I don't even know when my child has to attend p.m. school or has had a detention. And it has never been clarified as to what p.m school is. Some teachers communicate well and want to help your child, others however, really don't care if your child fails, they have been unwilling to work with the parents and their child. I have been soo frustrated with the lack of communication. I think the teacher here are very overwhelmed

Evans Middle School 0

Posted August 20, 2009
Evans has had problems over the years--poor test scores, attempts at social engineering, poor teaching, violence. While there has been some improvement over the decade in which we have had children here, many parents would be better off avoiding the hassles and homeschooling or using the Christian School for the middle school years

Posted May 28, 2009
Evans has been great! The teachers are all really cool and I've met so many new people during my time here. I've really enjoyed getting involved in all the activities that they have to offer. I'm definitely going to miss it when I leave! -Erica Swanson, President of Student Council 08-09 :)

Posted November 14, 2006

Posted February 22, 2006

Posted February 22, 2006
Evans is the place to be when you want to make new friends, get good grades and when you want to be able to understand the teachers and have them understand you too. I love Evans! I never thought that school would ever get better, but her at evans it all gets better. ~Katelynn Sapp~

Evans Middle School
812 Chester, Ottumwa, IA  52501
Last modified Evans Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Evans Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top