Princeton, IA

Posted July 25, 2010
My 5th grade teacher was awesome! She helped me with not being so talkative and got me ready for 7th grade instead of JUST 6th grade.

Posted April 18, 2009

Posted June 08, 2005
I think Virgil Grissom was a great place to have my kids go to school. They all did well and I had no problems with any ot the staff. They have moved on to high school and Jr. High and are doing well there to, perhaps because they received a good education in elemenatary school.

Posted June 08, 2005
I currently have a daughter who will be in 2nd grade as well as 3 other children who will be attending Virgil Grissom. I have been very pleased with the school and feel that not only has my daughter recieved a quality education but has also felt a since of belonging thanks to the small class sizes and a staff who has a genuine concern for her success as a student. She has really enjoyed the extra activities offerered by the school. She played basket ball, participated in Jump Rope for heart, sang in the music program, had her artwork posted on a website and took several fun field trips. The PTA at the school hosts all school skating parties, a school carnival, Santas secret shop, Grandparents day and other fun activities. I am also impressed with the extra help available for kids who need it. I give Grissom an A+.

Posted June 07, 2005
My daughter just completed 1st grade at Grissom and I couldn't be happier with the curriculum, the teachers, the administration, and the facilities. I find the fact that students learn math during P.E., see teachers who really collaborate such as the Music & P.E. teachers, have an active counselor and 'Lunch Bunch', learn about others in their school through their Grissom Families, interact with those parents who are able to volunteer during class time, see their parents give time to PTA meetings and activities, and have teachers who value the student AND parent input leave Grissom truly enriched and ready for the next step in the learning process. I would hope every parent/guardian will be prepared to take an active role in his/her child's education. The foundation of a positive and an elevating educational experience starts at home and continues as a partnership with the child's school.

Virgil Grissom Elementary School 1

Posted May 09, 2005
The teachers are nice, but they do not push your child to do better in any subject. The school is way behind in technology, and I would be suprised if they even make national standards. Be prepared to teach your own child, or they will be left behind when middle school arrives. There is no culture, no activities provided by the school, unless you want to watch chicks hatch in class(third grade). No early foreign language development, musical exploration, or computer programming offered at this school.

Virgil Grissom Elementary School
500 Lost Grove Rd, Princeton, IA  52768
Last modified Virgil Grissom Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Virgil Grissom Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top