Posted September 14, 2013
This is by far one of the best schools ever.We have grat teacher that support their students and lots of oppotunities for the people.This is one of the craziest and most exiting schools I've been too.This school is full of spirit,and fun activities,and learning for teacher,parents,students,and the whole community.I would recomend this school to any parents that are in the westwood school district.

Westwood High School 1

Posted August 30, 2013
I attended this school from Kindergarden through graduation. Down right a poor excuse for a educational instution. While the facilities are nice, the teachers are more like friends than mentors or educators, and the staff in general is ignorant. The main reason my husband & I don't live in the area anymore is because I refuse to send my children to this school. Major favortism problems, bullying, unfair treatment. School administrators look the other way just to satisfy the parents of the "in" crowd. Even now when sharing with others what high school i attained, people often laugh and say "oh Westwood, so no education huh?" Do yourself and your children a favor and stay away from this school.

Westwood High School 1

Posted June 27, 2012
I hated this school so badly that I joined the Marine Corps to get away from it. The Marines were a better place to be than in one of these classrooms. I've since gone on to become a certified computer engineer and have my own business in the IT industry but I owe NOTHING to anything this school did for me. The academics were horrible, the atmosphere downright scary (remember, if a Marine calls someplace like this scary, it's scary), the bullying and abuse were rampant, constant and pervasive. This is the worst school I've ever seen, if you love your kid don't send 'em to this school.

Westwood High School 0

Posted February 17, 2010
I totally agree with the post on 2-7-10, if we didn't live in the area I would not send my kids to Westwood or even Sgt Bluff.. Both these school treat kids playing sports better than the non-playing kids. But if you look back Westwood has always been that way and nobody seems to want to change it. Even if your child does play sports if they don't live in Sloan, have a teacher for a parent or money and the right name your child will not be a player in any of the sports you child will be a bench warmer. So my kids have decide that it was pointless to try out for any sports. And as for the academics they need to get teachers that can teach and not Coaches that try to teach.

Westwood High School 3

Posted February 11, 2010

Posted February 08, 2010

Westwood High School 0

Posted February 07, 2010
My children also have had trouble with being bullied and the principal not doing anything to hold the parties responsible. It seems like if you play sports, you can do no wrong. To me, academics should be the number one focus, not sports. I am strongly considered homeschooling, because I don't have an option of moving and I don't know if any of the other schools around here are any better.

- a former student

- a former student

Westwood High School
1000 Rebel Way, Sloan, IA  51055
Last modified Westwood High School is a Public school that serves grades 7-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Westwood High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 29 reviews. Top