Posted August 28, 2013
We have really enjoyed our experience at Jensen. The teachers and staff are extremely hardworking and dedicated to their students. We appreciate the small class sizes and the diversity the school offers. We have been so pleased with the Urbandale school district as a whole and would highly recommended Urbandale schools for an exceptional education.

Posted August 28, 2013
Jensen Elementary has been such a wonderful surprise! The small class sizes and the dedication to the students by the staff is amazing! Our boys love the environment and feel that their teachers have become part of the family! I have encouraged many friends to move to Urbandale because of the incredible school system. Jensen has such a welcoming environment and fosters learning for all. With a little over 200 students all the teachers know our boy's names. It makes us feel that they are in a very safe environment. We wouldn't trade it for anything!

Posted August 28, 2013
What a great school! The teachers are exceptional and extremely dedicated. We love the diversity and opportunities that a school this size allows. Cannot beat the class sizes, and with a smaller school it really feels like a community. We had the fortune of choosing this school as we do not live within its boundaries and are thankful everyday that my children are allowed to go to this school! Also located within a great community!

Posted August 28, 2013
Jensen Elementary School has completely exceeded our expectations. The teachers are absolutely committed to making learning come alive for students. Even though Jensen is part of a fairly large school district, there is a small town feel to the school. With only 2 sections of each grade level, and relatively small class sizes, "everybody knows everybody." I wouldn't want my children anywhere else. I highly recommend Jensen Elementary.

Posted November 28, 2012
I have had two students go through Jensen. I am very impressed with the staff! I am an elementary teacher myself and I am very pleased with the education my children have recieved. Both are excelling as they have gone onto middle and high school and are in the talented and gifted programs. They have a very strong PTO and both teachers and parents are very involved. I would highly recomend this school.

Posted April 08, 2008
First year my daughter has attended Jensen. We love it. They have great teachers & staff. You really feel like a family.

Jensen Elementary School 4

Posted January 13, 2006
My 2 daughters attended here sept - dec 2005. They absolutely loved the school. The teachers were great as was the entire staff. The quality of education that I felt my daughters were getting during their short time there was comparable to the parochial shool they previously attended in NYC. I would highly recommend this school to any child relocating to the Urbandale district.

Jensen Elementary School
6301 Aurora Ave, Urbandale, IA  50322
Last modified Jensen Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades 1-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Jensen Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 7 reviews.