Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

Our experience with the teaching staff was very disappointing. During a conference one of the teachers called my daughter "bossy" while she was in the room, and the others appeared to be disenchanted

Develops character: Neutral

I feel as though there is not much effort put into much other than the bare minimum.

After moving within the school district, we were reassigned to attend Jensen Elementary. I have been nothing but disappointed. Our child went from be a top performer to being over looked, communication is terrible and the security is lax. I sent a family member to pick up my child from the Adventuretime program and no one even asked who she was or checked to see if she was authorized to pick up. The teacher my child had was near retirement, and had seemed to have given up on caring if the students excelled or not. The facilities are old an not well kept up. At another school in the district I often saw faculty and staff going above and beyond, at Jensen it was all just kind of a mess. Overall, I would say if you have a choice, don’t choose Jensen.

Jensen is not just a school, it is truly a family. I feel so fortunate that my children are lucky enough to attend Jensen Elementary. The teachers and staff are extraordinary, and they go above and beyond to make learning come alive for students. There are countless extracurricular opportunities: Student Bank, Character Council, Literacy Night Planning Committee, J-Hawks on the Run, Code Club, Chorus, Band, etc. There is a small town feel to Jensen, which is special in a city as large as Urbandale. I have so much pride for being part of the Jensen family!

We have really enjoyed our experience at Jensen. The teachers and staff are extremely hardworking and dedicated to their students. We appreciate the small class sizes and the diversity the school offers. We have been so pleased with the Urbandale school district as a whole and would highly recommended Urbandale schools for an exceptional education.

Jensen Elementary has been such a wonderful surprise! The small class sizes and the dedication to the students by the staff is amazing! Our boys love the environment and feel that their teachers have become part of the family! I have encouraged many friends to move to Urbandale because of the incredible school system. Jensen has such a welcoming environment and fosters learning for all. With a little over 200 students all the teachers know our boy's names. It makes us feel that they are in a very safe environment. We wouldn't trade it for anything!

What a great school! The teachers are exceptional and extremely dedicated. We love the diversity and opportunities that a school this size allows. Cannot beat the class sizes, and with a smaller school it really feels like a community. We had the fortune of choosing this school as we do not live within its boundaries and are thankful everyday that my children are allowed to go to this school! Also located within a great community!

I have had two students go through Jensen. I am very impressed with the staff! I am an elementary teacher myself and I am very pleased with the education my children have recieved. Both are excelling as they have gone onto middle and high school and are in the talented and gifted programs. They have a very strong PTO and both teachers and parents are very involved. I would highly recomend this school.

First year my daughter has attended Jensen. We love it. They have great teachers & staff. You really feel like a family.

Last modified Jensen Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades 1-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.