Urbandale, IA

Posted August 30, 2014
Urbandale Middle School is awesome!! The teachers and staff are professional and friendly, and they truly care about making a difference in the lives of the students! The principal and associate principal are working towards making this one of the best middle schools in IA, and did I mention that the Special Education program is amazing?! All of the staff care very deeply about the emotional well-being and education of this generation, and they can only keep getting better!! :)

Posted February 21, 2013
Almost out of it and I say that this is a great school. Mr. Meyers is an excellent principal and language arts and social studies really aren't going to cure cancer or get us to Mars, so I'm not sure what people are talking about there.

Urbandale Middle School 4

Posted July 31, 2009
i go to this school and it's great

Urbandale Middle School

Posted May 16, 2008
What a tremendous let down this school is. It is like a refugee camp. Mr. Meyers got principal of the year. I hope that is not really Iowa's best. My child is learning disabled. Teachers and Administration make excuses and have been caught in lies several times. If you like the one room school house environment, then this school is for you. Can't they even afford walls in between 2 classrooms? Fights, drugs, and intimidation are the common themes for this school. If you are a supportive parent, then don't come here. If you are a mindless robot who will never question anything the school does or says, then this school is perfect for you.

Urbandale Middle School 2

Posted December 15, 2004
I'm not a parent, but a 2003 graduate who attended Urbandale Middle School during Myers and Casebolt's first two years working there. To me, those two were the only problem with the school. The programs were excellent and creative and I never disliked any of my teachers. So with the exception of the two principals (and a few rich snobs here and there), Urbandale Middle School is a good place that has a lot to offer for almost all students, everything from simple math to lifelong mentors Anyway, that's all I have to say for now. Jamie W.

Urbandale Middle School 2

Posted October 19, 2004
I agree with the previous review. The school needs to get new leadership. The principal does not support students who excel in TAG.

Urbandale Middle School 3

Posted July 22, 2004
I enjoy attending Urbandale Middle School. The only thing I dont like is the fact that there are no advanced language arts and social studies classes like there are advanced math and science classes.

Posted July 20, 2004
Urbandale Middle School is wonderful. My child is a talented African American student who has his creativity boosted by the school. Mr. Casebolt is a great guy and the kids trust and respect him.

Posted February 23, 2004
Mr. Meyers has created an environment for children to focus on learning. He has separated the grades so that there is no undue peer pressure, even in the hallways. My children enjoy interactions with him. It speaks volumes when the children WANT to talk to the principal. I have found that he will work with me when there is a problem, even if it means spotlighting somethings that needs changing in the current structure. Both children like going to this school... I have had to supplement the cirriculum, but that is from another committee in Urbandale. A committee which I have had to circumvent decisions continually and supplement my children's acedemics--throughout elementary and now middle school. Most teachers are willing to teach around this poor cirriculum, however if you get a new teacher or one new to the grade, be prepared to be involved alot more than normal.

Urbandale Middle School 4

Posted April 26, 2003
This school is great and has a lot of potential. It would excel even more if they changed principals. Mr. Meyer is threatning towards the teachers and does not support the talanted and gifted program.

Urbandale Middle School
7701 Aurora Ave, Urbandale, IA  50322
Last modified Urbandale Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Urbandale Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top