Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

I do not feel some teachers are doing their jobs, they seem new and as if they have no clue in what to teach, however they know how to teach, but lack a certain attention when it comes to students needs in particular to that student.

Amount of homework: Agree

The amount given is to satisfactory. However it does not vary and seems to be consistent with Math over any other subject.

Develops character: Disagree

Due to personal instances no I do not agree that this school is instilling this in particular.

This school is overrated. Staff is nice and friendly, but I'm not ok with the curriculum, I feel it's been dumbed down. There is a certain lack of professionalism in some staff. It's just ok at best.

All of our kids have completed this school and we are very pleased. Especially with their excellent special needs program .Between 1st and 5th grade, our special needs child improved dramatically in social as well as academic skills. Bullying and outright meanness exists everywhere, but I have to give this school an A+ in dealing with it exceptionally well; it really wasn t a concern/problem for us or other parents we came to know. 50% of your child s education depends upon the school they attend and Valerius is a great school the other 50% depends upon you! If you re involved in your kids education, your child will come out of this school with a solid elementary level education. Parents, please, take the time to be involved. My husband and I attend nearly every event and too many are lucky to see 5% of the parents participate. It really breaks my heart to see kids whose parents have more important things to do than attend a school function; even when that function only requires an hour or two of their time. Great school, great teachers, great location; be actively involved and your child will do very well in this school.

I actually moved to get my daughter into this school and it's the best thing I ever did for her. Small class sizes, devoted teachers and administrators that actually listen to parents. I can't say enough good things about this school. They are ideally located off a dead end street too. No traffic to worry about like at her previous school. I love this place and will be sad when she leaves here to go to middle school. Not just because she is growing up, but because she has to leave such a great safe haven.

The location is wonderful. Next to the sports field, tennis courts, skateboard park, library and the city infrustructure. There is stability in staff. The teachers have been there awhile, they are not old, but have several + years with that district. The classrooms are large but only 15-20 students per teacher. I also like the middle school vs jr. high.

Last modified Valerius Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades 1-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.