Waterloo, IA
After care: No

Posted February 25, 2014
I attended this school as a you man and now my nephew attends this school. He is both excited about school and has a love of music that continues to be enriched with the school's curriculum. I am thoroughly impressed and thankful that the school continues to encourage excellence in the classroom as well as in extracurricula activities. I am a community member who is also able to volunteer with the sixth grade basketball team that encourages academics, attitude and ability. The priority is not sports but what allows a team member to participate in sports, school work. Keep up the great work!

Posted February 18, 2014
We have been very pleased with the experience Hoover Middle School has offered our son who is now two-thirds of the way through his 6th grade year. The transition from elementary school to middle school has been far less difficult than we had feared it might be and, in fact, our son has truly grown through the experience of making new friends and pursuing his passions. He has been active in science club, ELP, band and chorus, and enjoys all of the above. We believe the Waterloo Community Schools' leadership initiatives are generating a very positive culture that fosters enthusiasm for learning and individual accountability. It has been a joy to see our son gaining skills that will serve him in all his future endeavors. I want to sincerely thank Mr. Fisher and Mr. Pepin for creating such an exciting learning atmosphere that the enthusiasm is palpable when one walks through the doors of Hoover Middle School! Keep up the great work! Your efforts are very much appreciated!

Posted February 18, 2014
We moved here in September and my son "loves" his new school. The staff are kind. The school has very good administrators and teachers! This is a very good school.

Posted January 02, 2014
I believe Hoover Middle School is the best Middle School in the Cedar Valley area. The teachers and administration are focused on developing each child and they lead by example. You can feel the engagement and excitement from principals to teachers to students when you enter the building. They are focused on making sure educational excellence comes first but also have excellent extracurricular activities. One of the science teachers took the initiative to reopen the Hoover Observatory this past year and now there is an Astrology Club and Community Star Parties. The STEM, music, arts and athletics are also outstanding. I could write more but honestly find it hard to describe in words the love I have for Hoover. I encourage you to visit to personally experience the wonderful culture and programs that are preparing our children for success! Way to go Hoover!

Posted January 02, 2014
This is the best school I have ever worked for! I have a 6th grader at Hoover and have been extremely pleased with the education he is receiving. Hoover is a loving family first and is doing a great job of preparing our students for "their" future. Being a "Leader in Me" school has really improved our culture and climate. Students are offered many different leadership opportunities and are able to find ways to get involved based on their interests. I would recommend Hoover Middle School to any student/parent.

Posted December 26, 2013
Hoover Middle School has been making great strides over the past several years. I have had 2 students at Hoover and the difference in climate and culture of the building have improved immensely over the past 2-3 years. The teachers truly care about the students and provide challenges to help each student achieve their highest potential. With the additional offerings of high school level science, english, math and social studies classes at the eighth grade level, my child will be entering high school with 12 high school credits as a freshman. In addition, the administration is supportive of students, parents and staff, but maintain high expectations for all. There is no other school I would want my child to attend in Waterloo.

Posted December 23, 2013
Hoover is a Leader in Me school. This means that they focus on developing the leadership and acedemic potential in kids and staff. They do this through emphasizing the 7 Habits that support this development at every level. In my daughter I have seen an increase in her self confidence when making the best choices for herself. I have watched her make great choices that are directly related to the 7 Habits, like doing her homework when she first comes home from school. The kids will experience the benefits of the 7 Habits throughout their entire life The 6th grade teachers really help kids tranisition from elementary to middle school. They gradually increase the amount of responsibility the kids have so it is a managable amount for the kids. They do not hesitate to contact parents when necessary and they genuinely care about the students. Hoover has a wonderful music program and many other extra-curricular acitivities. Hoover is also good about keeping parents up to date on school activities, the easiest way to do this is to use the website and follow them on Facebook and Twitter. The information is updated frequantly and packed full of information for parents.

Posted December 23, 2013
Hoover Middle School is a great place. My 6th grade daughter has had an easy transition into middle school. Mike Fisher is a phenomenal administrator who supports teachers, students, and parents.

Posted October 30, 2013
Hoover Middle School is really moving forward to being one of the best. It has innovative programs like the Leader in Me and is student focused. I appreciate how involved and caring the staff is. A great place to send your kids.

Hoover Middle School 2

Posted April 29, 2010
this school is one of the worst schools in waterloo ia it is very dirty and unsafe there is and has always been a problem with drugs and fighting the kids are dressed as if they are going to a night club my son has had a ver hard time at this school he has been sexual harassed and beatin up he has come home many times with blood all over his face do not enroll your kids at this school

Hoover Middle School
630 Hillcrest, Waterloo, IA  50701
Last modified Hoover Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hoover Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top