Waterloo, IA
Students enrolled: 1,576

West High School 3

Posted September 10, 2014
Last year was our first year with my son as a sophomore. I was not impressed by conferences last year. We will see about this year. My son is a junior and says he does not like it. I feel like there are issues with the climate, safety, and overall tone at this school. This is my perception at this time.

West High School 1

Posted August 09, 2010
poor leadership by principal and adminstration...i think they have their priorities askew. im trying to find an alternative to remove my kid from this school

Posted October 03, 2009
West high really works well with the parents and students to make graduating and having a future a real probability. They do not discriminate or allow discrimination for any reason. The students all work well together and different types of students all come together for a common goal. They have even started a coffee shop in the school to help the special education children have work experience and self esteem. I really appreciate the education and life skills my children have and are still receiving at West High.

Posted August 28, 2009
Outstanding programs that challenge those students who wish to excel!!!!

West High School

Posted April 15, 2009
Awful experience couldn't wait to move! Teacher answered her cell phone during our conference! Not a very positive enviroment at this school.

Posted December 05, 2008
West high is like a city, it has everything and every kind of group, that is why i love it, it is a big school and everything is new, they stay up on renovations.

Posted October 24, 2007
West is a big school with many diverse groups. All students are encouraged to take the classes that will maximize their potential. There is an activity for every interest and parents can become as involved as they wish.

Posted October 04, 2004
I attended West High all four of my high school years and currently graduated in May of 2004. During my high school career I got into some trouble and got in with the wrong crowd, some of the teachers and one principal (who is no longer there) helped me as soon as they saw go in the wrong direction. Most of the teachers there care deeply about their students and it really shows.

Posted August 27, 2004
I was my class valedictorian at West and appreciate more than the academic education, the people education that West gave me. The diversity taught me about other people and how we are really all people. I was involved in many extracurriculars, and I fell that, while at many schools you may have to be in sports or be popular to fit in, every West student can find a place and an activity to enhance their lives. I personally found a place in theater and music, in which West excells. The teachers were always so friendly and I got to know many of them on a personal basis. I had some that I could come to with my personal problems. The principal gets involved in all aspects of West, from sports and theater to academics and discipline. Overall, this is a great school to learn about life.

Posted February 07, 2004
Waterloo West High School provides a diverse learning experience while providing extensive extracurricular activities. I am a graduate as well as having one son graduate there, and another currently attending. The education provided to each of us has opened extensive opportunities in our careers and life experiences.

West High School
425 East Ridgeway Ave, Waterloo, IA  50702
Last modified West High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
West High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top