No rating

Sacred Heart School

Private | PK-8

Living in Waterloo

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $88,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $580.

Posted September 28, 2013

I love everything about this school. Great parents, great teachers, great staff and great students! The staff is wonderful and cares deeply for their students. My kids love it there and love all of their teachers. There aren't that many schools still out there where the staff makes it a point to get to know the families of their students and take the time to make sure they are getting the quality education that they deserve. My husband and I are so happy that we sent our children to Sacred Heart. It's truly like we're part of a family.

Posted March 25, 2010

We care about our students and families. Sacred Heart is a family. It is a true treasure right in the heart of Waterloo!
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted September 2, 2006

I use to go to Sacred Heart, and now am graduated. I believe that I gained a lot from the private school setting. One being the academics. I know the teachers cared and I think of Sacred Heart as a great place for learning. I was also involved in athletics, including basketball and volleyball, which gave me a great start on high school and college sports. I loved sacred heart and would recommend it to everyone.
—Submitted by a former student

Posted January 30, 2006

I disagree wholeheartedly with the previous entry. I have had children at Sacred Heart now for 9 years and I have never felt that the teachers do not care about the students. Why would they continue to work at a place where they make less money if they didn't believe in what they were doing? I agree that the public schools in the area are improving and it is a much tougher decision to continue sending my children to Sacred Heart when there are brand new buildings down the street with air conditioning, grassy areas for gym and recess, nice playgrounds, etc. However my children are receiving an excellent education at Sacred Heart, and if you look at things like ITED/ITBS results our schools must be doing something right as the private schools are blowing the public schools out of the water. Go Cardinals!

Posted January 6, 2006

Parent involvement is about the only great thing at this school. Most of the teachers are long time residents and really just need to retire. They are not about the kids anymore, just about making it through the day and going home. It really is sad, paying the high education costs of a private school, that our kids are not #1 anymore. It is all about the budget, how we can cut costs and in turn drain our parents of funds. There are much better public schools out there. Kingsley, Lou Henry and Kittrell for elementary and Hoover for Middle School. Go Public, especially in the Cedar Valley Area.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 18% 2%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Roman catholic
Associations
  • NCEA

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Archdiocese of Dubuque

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

620 West 5th Street