Waterloo, IA

Posted March 26, 2012
Detests any kind of opinion or other way of thinking. I myself was laughed at by the teacher and students for forming my own view of something. The so-called "Christian" teachers were very deceitful and flat-out lied about things so they wouldn't look bad to my parents. They are hypocritical and there's not much good to say. They are very uplifting but i wouldn't call it much of a school setting as much as a "let's hide you from real life" setting.

Posted December 17, 2008

Posted April 28, 2008

Posted April 30, 2007
- a former student
Walnut Ridge Baptist Academy was very instumental in my life from 6-12th grade, after attending public elementary school. I learned valuable lessons, morals, character traits, deepened my faith in Christ, and taught me about relationships with others & more importantly God! They didn't teach religion, they taught the truth! I went on to public university from there and had a strong foundation academically, socially, and morally! I was able to start a career & then a family. My husband and I are considering sending our own children there in a few years! My parents & Walnut Ridge gave me a strong foundation that I am thankful for!

Waterloo Christian School 2

Posted January 23, 2006
- a former student
Having went to Walnut Ridge from Kindergarten all the way through High School graduation, I am sad to say that the school is not worth going to. Any kind of dissent of opinion is stifled, to the point that the school promotes an unchallenged idealogical views in Bible classes that are hostile to those of us who aren't Baptists.

Posted January 10, 2006
Walnut Ridge Baptist Academy has provided the top rate Christian education we were looking for. The teacher and administration are top-notch and my daughter is getting a much better education than she was at public school. She would say it is 'harder,' but I say, 'great!' The focus on God and the Bible in all of her classes has been wonderful. I love that the Christmas Program is actually a 'CHRIST'mas program! Thank you Walnut Ridge!

Posted December 03, 2004
The Academy, a ministry of Walnut Ridge Baptist Church, has been a tremendous blessing to our family. Our 5 children have attended and now we've had grandchildren receive a high quality education, both academically and spiritually. When a problem arises, teachers, one on one,take students to scripture and then prayer - that is caring. My husband & I were committed to give our kids the best because we have but one chance - and this school continues to provide that in every aspect. Thank you WRBA!

Posted October 17, 2004
This school is lead by religion, and not by faith in God. Students aren't treated with respect, as teachers are poorly chosen to fill positions. If I had 1,000,000 dollars, I would give this school 5 dollars at the most. Until the school better understands the quality a christian school should have,it will not understand how God wants to use it. It has the potential, now lets hope it will get to the stage of understands, and start using faith instead of regilion.

Waterloo Christian School
1307 West Ridgeway Avenue, Waterloo, IA  50701
Last modified Waterloo Christian School is a Private school that serves grades K-12
Waterloo Christian School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top