Bad
Good

Lou Henry Elementary School 3

Posted June 01, 2013
The 3 star rating is conusing but after you read this review you will understand. If I were to rate the school now (before next years changes) it would be a perfect 5 star rating. I have had four children at this school. Two have moved to higher grades and two are still there. This has been amazing year for Lou Henry. BUT....we are losing our principal , head teacher and many great teachers who have decided on early retirement or moving to other schools. The new principal coming in is, at least to this parent, coming in with a very poor history of leading her previous school to academic excellence and she is bringing in her own lead teacher and all but one of the new teachers are from her old school too. I have been told this is all part of the no child left behind. If this is true , there are MAJOR flaws in the law.. I will have to read up more on the NCLB law. Lou Hery has come a long way and has excelled a little more each year under the outgoing leadership. I hope that my 2 remaining children at Lou Henry will not see declining academic excellence. I worry for them next year and I have never ever before worried about that at Lou Henry. Sad times ahead I'm afraid.

Lou Henry Elementary School 4

Posted May 31, 2013
My daughter goes here and has had a great experience with teachers and she has made many good friends as well. She is a good student. My main concern is how we have been treated by one of the secrataries there. On the last day of school she came out yelling at us and threatening to call the cops on us because she said we were double parking. She was WAY OVER the top!! We were simply waiting for our daughter and a woman ahead of us was trying to pull out, so we waited and pulled in her spot. My husband said that didn't surprise him, and that she has yelled like this at him before, then my daughter went on to say that in the morning this secratary opens all the kids car doors for them, but skips over her and never does this for her. My husband confirmed tis! Had I known this sooner, I would have complained. I really hope this does not happen next year. We are happy with the teachers, but I will complain if this problem continues next year.

Lou Henry Elementary School 5

Posted January 16, 2013
My daughter studied here from Kindergarten and I really liked it.The teachers and the Principal are great - very caring and understanding.I had to move and so my daughter missed completing her 5th grade at Lou Henry.She still misses her old school.

Lou Henry Elementary School 5

Posted August 09, 2010
I think this is the best elementary school in the Cedar Valley...great leadership by the Principal and excellent teachers. I have had 4 kids go to this school since it opened.

Lou Henry Elementary School

Posted January 31, 2010
My son goes to this school and I love it! The principal is a very nice understanding man. He will take the time to listen to any complaints you have and try to fix any problem going on. The thing I dislike the most about the whole school is the parking lot! Nothing to do about that though, they have a parking person who makes sure everything goes smooth. If that is the worst thing about the school I want my son to stay here!! I LOVE LOU HENRY!!!

Lou Henry Elementary School
312 Rachael St, Waterloo, IA  50701
Last modified Lou Henry Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.