Bad
Good

This is a great school! Brand new building and wonderful teachers who care. Very impressed mom new to elementary schools (my son is in kindergarten)

My son is currently a 4th grade student at WE. He's attended this school since K. I am extremely pleased with the education he has received. My son receives academic help from the special education dept. They have taken him from a non-reader to a child that is at grade level in reading. This is huge for us. I have nothing but great things to say about this school, the gen ed teachers and the spec ed teachers.

I have had two different children attend Waukee Elementary for a combined total of 7 years. Overall we have been pleased. The teachers are caring and I always felt very welcome in the building and classroom. I didn't love every teacher that we had, but I didn't have any specific complaints about them. The few complaints that I do have include: -The district is growing sooo quickly and buildings are going up every year. This means the elementary boundries change almost every year. -The program for 'gifted' children is not strong. The 'gifted' teachers seem willing to nod at you while you talk, but also seem to believe they know more about your child than you do. -Lunch time is ridiculously short. Elementary children have less than 20 minutes to eat. They may stay longer to finish, but the older children have already started coming in the lunch

My children hae attended Waukee Schools since kindergarten. We have had a mixed bag of experiences. There are some very wonderful teachers in the district. There are also some that should not be working with children. The biggest concern is adminstration's lack of willingness or ability to deal with negative issues in the district. They are very much 'a stick your head in the sand' mentality, though they are very proud of their bricks and mortar dynasty they are creating. This is district that when it is good it is very, very good and when it it bad it is horrid. Good luck!

This school is fabulous! I moved to Waukee from the West Des Moines school district and I couldn't be more pleased! I've never had a more positive parenting experience or such a close relationship with my kids' teachers. It made the school year fantastic and my kids can't wait for next school year... that's saying something!

I have had a son at Waukee Elementary for the last 5 years. We have had positive and negative experiences through out the years. They have a lot of gifted students, but lack in the area of providing services in all areas for these students.

Last modified Waukee Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.