Wayland, IA

Waco High School 2

Posted March 18, 2013
Although fitting in is nice and friendliness counts for something, It really had a clickish streak. The reunions are still managed by the "mean girls." Social life revolved, almost exclusively around who was homecoming queen and football quarterback. It also had a very chauvinist bent. Girls were put down on a regular basis by one teacher. It's a wonder they were never sued. The foreign language class was a joke and most of the time was spent evaluating female students' bodies. It was however, a physically safe place to be warehoused until I could go off to college and start learning something.

Posted August 20, 2012
I have found the staff and students at this school to be friendly, knowledgeable and welcoming to my 2 students who were new to the high school a couple years ago. The community is very tight knit and very focused on Waco as a whole. My teens moved here and basically "fit right in" with no problem!

Posted October 06, 2008
My daughter is in the SCIN program here and it is fabulous! They are great one on one and pay attention to the students. I am looking forward to my other daughter going to school here. My husband grew up here and spent all his school years here.

Posted May 08, 2008
It is perfect here! There's no clicks and everyone gets along just fine.

Posted February 08, 2008
I am not a parent of a waco child yet but will be next year. I have attended 14 dfferent schools in my lifetime and none of them come close to waco. It is a tightknit community with ood vlues. Almost no one person is an outcast and everyone gets along as good as a bunch of kids can.

Posted November 08, 2007
Both of our children attend WACO and have received an excellent education. Most of the teachers are very supportive and students are encouraged to find extracurricular activities they enjoy and be involved in them. There is a high school orchestra which is very unique for a school our size. Sports is big in the school but so is choir and music programs.

Waco High School
706 North Pearl, Wayland, IA  52654
Last modified Waco High School is a Public school that serves grades 7-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Waco High School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top