Bad
Good

I can not say enough wonderful things about Jordan Creek! My children are getting the best education here and I have compared their curriculum with other nearby private and public schools. They foster such a loving caring atmosphere where children and teachers promote friendship and respect. Communication from the teachers is excellent. All the the teachers, administration and support staff are truly extraordinary. We couldn't be luckier to go to Jordan Creek.

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly agree

We haven't encountered a bully yet. I give credit the the amazing guidance counselor for her hands on approach and knowledge to implement proactive strategies such as the Profriend program.

Supports LD students: Strongly agree

Outstanding! I have one kid who excels and another who requires some extra supports. They are on the ball at Jordan Creek addressing my kids needs immediately. I am very impresses with both their special education services as well as their exceptional enrichment program and we are currently using both.

Effective school leaders: Strongly agree

I have been extremely impressed with the leadership at Jordan Creek. It is very evident they are good at their jobs and they care. All of my questions have been immediately addressed.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Jordan Creek hit the guidance counselor jackpot! She is nothing short of extraordinary. The kids can relate to her, she exudes kindness. She is smart and proactive when it comes to addressing any problems the kids may have. Jordan Creek is using the Character Counts and the Profriend Programs and my kids are kids eating it up - almost daily I hear from them about a new way to be responsible, kind, and a good friend to others

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Each year I keep thinking that my kids must keep getting the best teacher in the grade but you know, I just think they are all that good! They are amazing to work with, professional, knowledgeable and caring

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

They don't over do it on homework here. It's not busywork. When they do have homework it is on point and enriches the lesson plans

This is a big school, but my son loves it and really is learning a lot. These kids understand what is expected of them and I'm amazed to see the kids at 9:05 (school starts at 9:05) sitting quietly at work. I'm also impressed with the counselor who teaches these kids how to resolve conflicts with their peers during 'guidance'. She does a lot with new kids in the beginning of the year to make sure they have a smooth transition. This is a happy school. When I compare this to the expensive private school we attended in another state last year with 13-15 kids in a class....Jordan Creek is better...despite the class size.

True it is a newer building, but the pods are not conducive to learning. There are some fabulous teachers, but not every teacher is pro-student all the time. Jordan Creek has a large school feel. It is a terrific school for average children, but kids who are different do not get the same positive feeling from their experience.

Last modified Jordan Creek Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.