PK-1|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)

as soon as we moved to Des Moines, we enrolled our daughter in the Spanish program the first day. 4 years later, she insists she must have Spanish in her curriculum every year. The art classes have also brought out something in her which she absolutely loves. Overall, excellent learning and warm atmosphere. Great communication between staff, students and parents.

I have one child who attended Montessori Children's House and is now in public school and another who currently attends Montessori Children's House. There have been many positive changes over the years, but one thing that seems to remain constant is the level of commitment and experience from the staff (both teaching and office). My older child was very prepared for Kindergarten and is doing well with the transition from the Montessori curriculum to the public school curriculum. If you are considering sending your child to Montessori Children's House, it is important to know that you need to get your paperwork in as close to the deadline as possible to prevent being placed on a wait list, especially for programs such as the Spanish Immersion program. In response to the popularity of the Spanish Immersion program, MCH now offers a Spanish Club as an after school program. My youngest was not able to get into the Spanish Immersion program this year, however is participating in the Spanish Club and loves it. Overall, Montessori Children's House is a wonderful school where children are able to grow and flourish and are genuinely cared for by the staff.

Develops character: Strongly agree

I have one child who attended Montessori Children's House and is now in public school and another who currently attends Montessori Children's House. There have been many positive changes over the years, but one thing that seems to remain constant is the level of commitment and experience from the staff (both teaching and office). My older child was very prepared for Kindergarten and is doing well with the transition from the Montessori curriculum to the public school curriculum. If you are considering sending your child to Montessori Children's House, it is important to know that you need to get your paperwork in as close to the deadline as possible to prevent being placed on a wait list, especially for programs such as the Spanish Immersion program. In response to the popularity of the Spanish Immersion program, MCH now offers a Spanish Club as an after school program. My youngest was not able to get into the Spanish Immersion program this year, however is participating in the Spanish Club and loves it. As a parent I have also found many ways to get involved with school programs and social events. The Head Directress and other office staff are approachable and work with parents to help make their experience a positive one. As a parent I feel as though I am part of my child’s educational team. Overall, Montessori Children's House is a wonderful school where children are able to grow and flourish and are genuinely cared for by the staff.

My daughters' attended Montessori Children's House. They had a wonderful experience there. Their Teachers were kind and helpful. They helped my daughters' enjoy school and kept them challenged academically. The office staff was always so welcoming and kind. I found the school (teachers, office staff, etc.) to be passionate about their work with the children and making sure mine had a great school experience. I never had any concerns of my daughters' not learning what they needed to know to be ready for Kindergarten. In fact, now that they are in public school they are both ahead academically but still challenged. I am thankful for my girls' experience at Montessori Children's House and I have often told others this is a wonderful school to be a part of!

My three children attended Montessori Children's house and loved it! The school provided them with a solid foundation that has allowed them to excel in their respective public schools. The teachers are well trained with many of them being on staff for over 15 or 20 years.

I had kids both in Cowles and Montessori Children's House. I would reate Cowles better.

I love this school. Teachers are great and office staff is excellent! I highly recommend MCH!

I highly recommend this school. The teachers are fantastic and the admin staff do a great job communicating with parents. The classroom instruction plan is true to the Montessori teachings and our child is able to learn in a safe, nurturing environment. Our daughter has attended MCH for years and there is virtually no teacher turnover or very little.

MCH is an amazing school with great teachers a very supportive management. I love the diversity of the students as well as the staff. The school has maintained it's ethos despite the ups and downs of the economy and retained the focus on the child. My son has had a wonderful experience and I strongly recommend the school.

This is an awesome school!!! Cont In regards to the comment that the staff is new and less experienced is totally false information. A couple of the teachers have been at the school for 5 years. Most of the teachers have been at the school between 16 years to 30+. If there is a new teacher it is only because teachers retire or enrollment has gone up due to the excellent teaching staff. Our children s knowledge and life skills are incredible. I know parents who have moved out of state who cannot find a school that has everything Montessori Children s House in West Des Moines Iowa has. The teaching staff truly care and love (I mean LOVE) the children. This is such an incredible school!

Last modified Montessori Children's House is a Private school that serves grades PK-1