West Des Moines, IA

Posted April 07, 2014
My family LOVES St Francis! Our first son to go through started in 6th grade and is now in college. He has excellent grades and study habits. He is a well rounded young man with values and discipline. He met quality friends that he will have his whole life. Our 2nd son that went through had some learning issues, they met them head on and was all caught up to the other students by 8th grade with great grades, study habits and most importantly, CONFIDENCE. He is now excelling at Dowling HS. We currently have a 7th grader and he loves his teachers and classmates. The education is great and the values they learn will be with them their entire lives. Quality investment!

Posted October 10, 2013
I have 2 grandsons at St. Francis School. They love this school and have excelled in every way. They love the staff and the priests and the other students. They would never want to attend any other school. One of my grandsons is in Dowling this year and he is in all advanced classes. He had to sign out of advanced science because he was bored. He said it was things he learned in 7th grade at St Francis. He moved to advanced Biology. He credits his good grades to the fact that he learned exceptional study habits at St. Francis. My grandson still at St. Francis is in 7th grade and he also is an above average student. He says it is easy at St. Francis to get good grades.

Posted May 28, 2013
I am very happy in the choice we have made to send our kids to St. Francis. We currently have three children attending and one more to start in a couple of years. Our children range in there needs in that one has a service plan and another is in talented and gifted. The kids needs have been more than accommodating. I see improvement in our oldest and the youngest being challenged. One of the most comforting things about the school is the parental involvement. I like getting to know the parents that my children are socializing with. I found that to be a challenge in the public school and one of many reasons why we transferred. I feel a strong sense of community and so do my children. Sometimes, I think that's half the battle.

St Francis Of Assisi School 1

Posted March 13, 2013
My child and I had the worst experience at this school. I was told to take my child to a psychiatrist. The psychiatrist told me that the school was picking on my child. Eventually the school tried to force my child into special education. I have since taken my child out and am having an absolute wonderful experience in comparison. The school expects the parent to teach the children outside of school time so it makes it very hard for the parent to have any kind of quality time with them. I would recommend one of the local public schools since I have heard great things about them or if you really want the Catholic or religious education like I had hoped for with my child then try another Catholic or religious school. I would very strongly recommend another choice so that another family would not have to go through what my family went through.

St Francis Of Assisi School 2

Posted March 15, 2012
St. Francis of Assisi School has a number of caring, competent, qualified teachers that "go the extra mile" for students. The same cannot be said for the administrative team at the school, which is very unresponsive to parent concerns. In recent years, the administrators have not renewed the contracts of veteran, accomplished, well-liked teachers with little or no explanation. The parents at the school are very involved, but tend to have a sense of entitlement (because they pay tuition, they frequently demand curricular changes and refuse to defer or acknowledge the opinions of the very accomplished teachers). If you are considering a Catholic school in the area, there are a number of better choices than St. Francis. I have decided to send my kids to a different school in the area.

Posted February 28, 2007
Caring teachers that are willing to go the extra mile to help the students achieve their goals. Parent volunteers are dedicated and greatly involved in the classroom setting. There are sign-up sheets for monthly volunters that fill-up quickly

St Francis Of Assisi School
7075 Ashworth Road, West Des Moines, IA  50266
Last modified St Francis Of Assisi School is a Private school that serves grades K-8
St Francis Of Assisi School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top