West Liberty, IA

West Elementary School 1

Posted July 24, 2014
The town is wonderful, the school is not. I have regularly been very disappointed in the schools, especially the administration. It's hit and miss with teachers, some are great some are terrible. The Early Learning Center is extremely poorly run. Parents are often coerced to keep their kids in pre-k for 2 years so they can get an extra year of money for that child, other reasons are given of course. High Schoolers are frustrated with curriculum there's a lot of bullying in the middle grades with little to no intervention. The superindent is inflexible.

West Elementary School 0

Posted September 17, 2009
We have a dual language program starting in pre-k. My daughter was in last year's kindergarten dual language (3 of the 5 classes were dual language), and is now in 1st grade dual language. It is a fantastic program! We just moved our schools around, and the elementary school is now in the old middle school. We really need new playground equipment for the children.

West Elementary School 5

Posted September 07, 2008
This school is unique. The culture in this small town cannot be found anywhere else in Iowa. The school has an amazing optional dual language program. Very safe, community minded and accomodating to fit my children's needs. I moved far from my hometown just so my kids could thrive in the schools here.

West Elementary School 4