Bad
Good

We love cottonwood! The teachers and principal are amazing! We have 3 kids there and have been very impressed.

We have had some issues with dietary needs for my daughter but I gave this school 5 stars because I have been very impressed at well the staff has responded to my concerns. The principal at this school is great. She knows all of the kids by first name and is very kind and caring.

Fantastic atmosphere, have had two kids go through Cottonwood, and couldn't be happier. Teachers have been top notch, and my kids have enjoyed their time. The principal is amazing. Friendly, and knows every single child by their first name. My daughter is moving on to AMS next year, and she will miss all of her teachers.

Office staff is unfortunately pretty rude and unhelpful. The school is not very friendly or accommodating to kids with special needs. Principal is very friendly but after several problems with staff at the school and needed help for my son, the principal didn't bother to follow up with us. Having a child with special needs at this school makes a parent feel very much lost and alone. It does not seem that kids with special needs get treated the same as other kids in this school :( I feel like the teachers and principal could do a better job communicating with parents overall.

The principal is awesome. She is great with the kids and students. Have had some issues with the office staff, and privacy issues with the school counselor. After 5 years there that is my only complaint. All staff are proactive in communicating and working with parents to help your child succeed. There are a small handfull of teachers that have not been wonderful, but overall the the teachers and other team members as a whole are great at operating as one team together for your child.

School is doing well to prep the kids and communicating on a very regular basis. No issues on attitude of kids or parents.

My children moved to Cottonwood from Meadowlark. Hands down, Meadowlark has a better learning enviroment, teachers, parents and staff. Cottonwood's staff is rather snobish. And something petty, their carpool system (drop off and pick up) is the worst.

Excellent school! I don not know why they put the rating so low. Even though they are in 90th percentile. The principle is wonderful, she knows the kids by their first names. The teachers are great. My child used to go to Martin. At the beginning I was very unhappy with this change, but nowI am extremely happy. This is the best school same as Andover middle and Andover High. I am very pleased with the school system here, that's the only reason that we moved here.Thanks a mill.

coming from a state where the standards are very low....I appreciate what this school has to offer. I am very pleased so far. We'll see in the upcoming years as this is only my first year.

Discipline problems are out of hand in my daughter's class. There is a lack of consistency, order, and calmness within the classroom. The lack of respect for authority or for peers astounds me. As a whole, the kids have been 'snooty' and unwelcoming to newcomers. They have high standards when it comes to test scores and meeting their criteria. However, I think they are lacking in many areas of their curriculum and the methods in which they teach. School should be less stressful and more fun! We had heard great things about this district, but we have been disappointed.

Last modified Cottonwood Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.