PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

I attended this school K-12 and it prepared me academically as well as I could have hoped and even better than at the time I realized. The teachers and staff help each student to excel in their specific areas of interest while ensuring you get a well rounded education. Most importantly, SCA helped me to develop a strong Christ-centered ethos that guides me in my daily life and medical practice to this day. I am especially thankful for getting to learn from Dr. Lindsted, Mr. Whittemore, Mrs. Classen and Mrs. Batdorf. Without them, I would not be who I am today. I thank God every day in my prayers for my time at SCA and know that it is where I will be sending my own children in the near future.

Rigorous academics, great student body, very conservative. The teachers are caring, and the administration is very accessible. Moderately priced in terms of private schools. Large international student program. Plenty of opportunities for involvement in athletics and extra curricular activities.

The teachers and the staff at Sunrise seem to have one purpose in mind; to honor and glorify the name of the head of the school. I have found him to be a cruel and vindictive man who targets people, especially the children who attend Sunrise. If anyone tries to stand against him, he and his staff treat you horribly; but once you are back "in the fold", you are once again a friend. The leader has a lot of good things to say about himself, and pretty much does that just about all the time. However, in the many years I've been involved, on and off, with Sunrise, I've never once heard anything good about him from anyone else. This place is, in my opinion, a house of horrors, and does no honor to the name of Christ. Until the people there stand for what is right individually, it will continue to be unbearable.

My children have gone to SCA for the past 10 years. The administration has all 9th, 10th, & 11th graders take the PSAT which was wonderful for us. My children are learning terrific study habits & our freshman in college was a National Merit Finalist & received a full ride to a large well known public university. Our freshman has testified to the fact many times that the grading strictness at SCA has helped her greatly in college. Both our oldest 2 attended one year of 6A public high school to understand both environments.

I wrote this to balance out the reviews. This is a Christian private school, owned and operated by the principal, Dr. Lindsted. Remember, private schools, private rules. He owns the place and does what he thinks is best for the students and their education. The academics are very challenging, and the school is constantly growing and becoming more up-to-date. There are uniform requirements, and the tuition is expensive. I went to school here, and I am grateful my parents were able to send me. They have an extremely competitive basketball league made up of mostly foreign exchange students, that play local colleges. A close knit community of students and caring teachers. Public schools don't even come close.

This is a truly excellent school. Both academic and behavioral expectations are very high from Pre-K through Senior year, and opportunities for college credit are also available. The teachers genuinely love and care for the students and will work with students who struggle academically. A variety of extra-curricular activities are available, including both the arts and sports (if you're a basketball fan, you've got to check out the stellar teams). The school also recently updated the technology available to teachers and students. Chapel is held every Friday, all grades study the Bible, and it isn't unheard of for teachers to start class with prayer or a devotion. Furthermore, family involvement is required, and all help in some way. If you want your child to be in a loving, Christian environment where behavioral and academic achievement expectations are high, this is the place for you.

If you enjoy watching Calvinball rules in real life action; if you don't mind being manipulated and coerced; if you love long waits and incompetent staff - then look no further! You've found your place! Most parents highly recommend this school as a means of teaching their children that life isn't fair, that not everyone will treat you as they should, and that not all "christians" are actually going to behave as they should. Mediocre staff, bumbling administration - but to their credit, genuinely nice students - are what you will find here. I do not recommend it.

I don't have a good experience about teacher and vice principal in this school and I don't recommend to my friend even though they are christian.

The academics is, frankly, HORRIBLE! My child has learned his 3s tables in a MONTH and he is in third grade. Whatever you do please try NOT to attend to this school.

Last modified Sunrise Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12